In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Touchless Arrow Rest

FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
Has any one ever tried this http://www.air-rest.com/ [?]

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No I have not, and would not. As much as I like drop away rests, the idea of relying on a magnet is more than I can deal with. Besides you have to match your helical fletch to go through the openings in the rest, or let your fletch hit. Too many unknowns.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    No I have not, and would not. As much as I like drop away rests, the idea of relying on a magnet is more than I can deal with. Besides you have to match your helical fletch to go through the openings in the rest, or let your fletch hit. Too many unknowns.

thats not hard to do....

I think its an interesting idea. It has its flaws and has its up sides. However, it will end up being to expensive for some people that like contanment rest.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I would like to try one before passing judgement. But for the guy who thought of this Idea its so simple its brilliant. my only concern is magnets loose power after a while and keeping the arrow centered. a

On the other hand i just lookesd at the price.
    $149.00 way way over priced that rest should be no more than 49.95.
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    ebay had one for a 100 bucks the other day
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I talked to a guy that tried one. He said it only worked on level ground. No shooting up or down so it is pretty much out there. Then he also said your draw had to be so smooth like a target bow, or the arrow would just stick to one of the magnets. His 3rd complaint on them was it took at least 3 seconds for the arrow to stop moving around inside the rest after drawing. Finally he cut all his arrows to try this rest, and now they are all too short!
    Not a winner in my book.