In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Opinions- switchback or torcon

carverphilcarverphil Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
I'm trying to decide between two new bows, the matthews switchback xt, and the hoyt torcon(hope i spelled it right).I shot them both and both were excellent shooters, matthews cam problems?

Comments

• Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Personal preference is the XT, I have 3 Mathews and love every one off them.
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Its trycon not torcon, I shot that bow and fell in love with it but Im biassed. You cant go wrong with either But lean toward the hoyt
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I have the XT, I like it alot. I didn't care for the Trykon just didn't feel good to me.
    If it matters the Mathews will hold its resale value better. Kinda like buying a Harley over a Honda when it comes to resale.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I am also biased I have the mathews XT have not shot the trycon.

I can tell ya this Mathews is very hard to beat but what ever bow feells better.

Tell us what you think the pro's and cons of each bow was.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mathews all the way,
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My preference was to the Trykon. I will not saw anything bad about the Mathews as it is a good bow. I just liked the balance of the Trykon better. My advice would be shoot them both, ignore all the hype and marketing ploys, and buy the one you like, not the one everyone or someone else likes.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    My preference was to the Trykon. I will not saw anything bad about the Mathews as it is a good bow. I just liked the balance of the Trykon better. My advice would be shoot them both, ignore all the hype and marketing ploys, and buy the one you like, not the one everyone or someone else likes.
    good advise I agree.