In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I think its time for a new bow

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
Ive been shooting at the bow shop every week and Ive almost convinced myself into buying a new bow. I might break the hoyt mode and buy somthing new maybe a diamond. Im going to have to wait till the new models come out so I can get a deal

Comments

• taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MATHEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nuff said[:D]
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Leave the Dark side. Walk into the light Luke. Buy a Mathews.[;)][:D]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Please try the Bowtech Tribute and the Mathews SB XT.
  • FANNINFANNIN Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the Bowtech Tribute, an HIGHLY recommend it.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    bang sounds like you really liked the tribute . what made the difference that you chose the switchback xt.
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    My bow shop has to get the regional contract for bow tech in order for me to get the bow tech. he sells hoyt and diamond bows and a few others. I dont think I could bring a mathews into his shop and shoot it. he would be fine with it but I dont think it would be right for me to ask him to tune it and do other stuff for it because he does not sell them.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    bang sounds like you really liked the tribute . what made the difference that you chose the switchback xt.

There were things I liked about both and disliked about both. The XT had less dislikes and cheaper.

Zilla the shop I frequent is a Bowtech/diamond dealer. I take my Mathews to him for whatever I need. Shouldn't matter what you buy but that you trust him to do the work for you.
    edited November -1

There were things I liked about both and disliked about both. The XT had less dislikes and cheaper.

Zilla the shop I frequent is a Bowtech/diamond dealer. I take my Mathews to him for whatever I need. Shouldn't matter what you buy but that you trust him to do the work for you.
    Head I agree with bang a good bow shop will not look at you any differently or at least shouldent because of the brand of bow you shoot..... Only we can do that[:D]
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As much as this KILLS me to say, A good hunting buddy of mine just bought a new bow. (Yes a Freaking Mathews[:(!][:(!][:(!]) He said that he shot everything in the store including the new Hoyt Tricon and many other brands. He said the Mathews was quiter, smother, and felt better to him than all the others. But he did think the Hoyt was a close second in his opinion. Good luck on the shoping!
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    As much as this KILLS me to say, A good hunting buddy of mine just bought a new bow. (Yes a Freaking Mathews[:(!][:(!][:(!]) He said that he shot everything in the store including the new Hoyt Tricon and many other brands. He said the Mathews was quiter, smother, and felt better to him than all the others. But he did think the Hoyt was a close second in his opinion. Good luck on the shoping!

About time 1 of you woke up out there.[:D]
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

You take the Mathews to another dealer besides Sams? [:0] How dare you!!!!!!!!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413

You take the Mathews to another dealer besides Sams? [:0] How dare you!!!!!!!!

He's so damn far away.