In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Getting the itch

shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
Weathers warming up. Just seemed like a great day to shoot the bow. Took the 3Ds out of the shed. Shot about 60 arrows. Can't wait til fall!

Comments

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am getting the itch for indoor shooting. Its aproaching fast. I have been fletching arrows getting them ready to go. Nothing like a bad * looking Easton cobalt arrow with red and white feathers. Now I just need to find a cheap ANTS sight, cause the toxonic i have is a piece of crap.
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot a little on and off all year indoors. Mostly because the weather is crappy out. I enjoy shooting 5 spot, but the 3-d's are really stealing away my interest. I have even started trying some long distance stuff. I was shooting a FETA target from 80 YDS the other day and keeping them all in the red (first ring out). Oh and that was indoors...
    edited November -1
    I like 3d's its fun, but i don't judge yardarge as good as I should be able to. I been shooting between 290-330 on 40 target course, but I don't have any consistancy. At least with indoor shooting, I can see progress.

I have several 5 spots shoots already lined up, plus the league I shot in last year. To practice though, I will be shooting Vegas targets, it really gets you to concentrate on the x.
    edited November -1
    I shot 2 3-d courses on saturday. First 30 target was scored 10,8,5 and got a 292 w/9 X out of 300. The second was scored the same, but shot a 156 w/4X out of 160. The second was really long! several targets over 50 yds! Most were in the upper 30's.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    I am getting the itch for indoor shooting. Its aproaching fast. I have been fletching arrows getting them ready to go. Nothing like a bad * looking Easton cobalt arrow with red and white feathers. Now I just need to find a cheap ANTS sight, cause the toxonic i have is a piece of crap.

You ever shoot X-Cutters fron goldtip? I shoot 2512 Eclipse with 3 treebark purple feathers.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14

You ever shoot X-Cutters fron goldtip? I shoot 2512 Eclipse with 3 treebark purple feathers.
    2512 telephone poles[;)][8D]
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya damn skippy they are[:D] Great for cuttin X's
    edited November -1
    I keep shooting my 5575 XT Hunters. I use them for 3-d, indoor, and hunting. The fat tubes are cheating...
    edited November -1
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot most of the late spring/summer outdoors. I like to go to Silver Springs State Park. They have a shotgun range for shooting trap. Also an archery range right by the shotgun range. So I just take the Bow and shotguns and have a blast. I like to keep in practice with the shotgun for goose season and you all know why for archery practice. Plus there's a nice restaurant on the way that has a kick ash breakfast. We call it the double yolker. Cause when you order two eggs you get four.[:p]Never leave there hungry.[:D]
    Oh there's another archery range close to where I work. So I often I leave for work 1-2hrs early and have fun there too.[8D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    [br

are those the gateway feathers?
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Getting the itch

Go see a doctor they have a shot for that
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,250 ******
    edited November -1
    I don't mind the swelling, it is the itching I don't like.