In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Wake up

gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
yall lazy butts! I have been working for 2 1/2 hours already!!!!!

Talked with Shennen, the place I am going to hunt on 09/02. He set a stand at 30 yards for me yesterday and said he had some really nice hogs comming in at daybreak. I think he is more excited about me comming to hunt on his land than I am. David will be hunting Dove that morning so he is not going with me.

I looked at Davids sting yesterday and it is BAD BAD BAD. He has had the bow... what maybe 2 months now, and honestly he has not shot in the last 2 weeks until yesterday. Could it be that the bow sat at the shop for a year? I am takeing it in today. Do companies warranty stings? ( I told David I didnt thing the stings would be replaced under warranty but why not ask) 18 days till season and he has to get a new sting. This sucks... for him...[:D] I just was really surprised to see actual strands broken on this string already...

Comments

• Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:by gagirl, yall lazy butts! I have been working for 2 1/2 hours already!!!!!
    gagirl got ya beat. I been at work for 12 hours and now it's time for some[|)]
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As far as I know strings are never a warranty item. Considered part of the natural wear on a bow. Make sure you have them check the buss cable too, or just replace them both. BTW i've been up since 5 taking my morning walk, so [}:)] on you[:D]
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    didn't he get a diamond? I guess they don't use winner choice strings like bowtech does.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    didn't he get a diamond? I guess they don't use winner choice strings like bowtech does.

no he got a bowtech and it has winners choice stings on it. Trying to get a pic of it uploaded before my appt gets here.....
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14

no he got a bowtech and it has winners choice stings on it. Trying to get a pic of it uploaded before my appt gets here.....

if thats the case, I would be making some phone calls. Both companies back up their products, like they have to in this industry.
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you need new strings check with Gene at www.genescustomstrings.com . That is where I have been having all my work done. The strings he makes are incredible! This is a real first rate guy. He is even a BowTech dealer so he may have some tricks up his sleeve.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Well looks like I beat you all I slep till the last minuite 6:30 am[^][^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    whew.. ok didnt make it before the appt so here they are now....

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    String doesn't look too bad to me. Have you waxed it?

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ben... one of the strands is completely broken....
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    Ben... one of the strands is completely broken....

That sucks. Yeah, I would probably replace it then. Had to have been a bad string. The bowshop that you got it at should hook you up with a new one at cost. There is absolutely no way that it should be that bad.

Ben
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gagirl I assume your going to give us a detailed report with pics of your hog hunt. You better or I'll disown you.[:)]