In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Deer contest

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
I copied all this from buckeys Mathews Hoyt thread. How about some input from everyone else. Then we can get names of those that want to particapate and draw teams and get started.

quote:Ok I like it. Hows everyone else feel? 2 person teams, bow kill only, must post a pic to score, 50 pts for does, score bucks here http://www.luckybuck.org/index8824.html

Should we limit the number you can enter? 2 per team member/ 1 buck 1 doe? What do you all think? lets get some input.

quote:I like that idea, only you get one chance to post a buck. If you shoot one later in the season that is larger you are out of luck.

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    i will stay out....unless i get one.....i aint gonna be able to hunt as much bcuz of football[:I][:o)][}:)]
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DaBowMan18
    i will stay out....unless i get one.....i aint gonna be able to hunt as much bcuz of football[:I][:o)][}:)]
    Yea yea yea [:(]
  • davis shootingdavis shooting Member Posts: 85 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    SOUNDS GOOD TO ME.HOWABOUT 1 BUCK PER STATE OR TOTAL OF TOP 2 BUCKS.WHAT EVER COUNT ME IN.
    edited November -1
    I'm getting the rule from another web site provided they give me the permission to use. They will need a little modification but I think it will make it open to everyone including crossbows where legal.
    edited November -1
    I'm getting the rule from another web site provided they give me the permission to use. They will need a little modification but I think it will make it open to everyone including crossbows where legal.

So anyone that wants to participate please just put up an "I'm in"
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Yeah right... southern bucks against northern bucks... I would be screwed!
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I'm in as long as I don't have to do anything but hunt.

Ben
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl

NOt really, If I only get 2 doe that would only be 100pts, say you shoot a 110 or 120 buck and a doe now your at a score of 160, 170. Also remember you would have a team mate.

Only can enter 1 buck 1 doe or 2 doe. Or in your case maybe we can give you a 50 pt for a hog instead of doe. Just a thought we don't have to do this I just thought it might be fun. That would be one of the rules, you have to have fun.
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    some of my friends had a hunting contest for small game we had a point system for it. like 10 points a rabbit 25 a yote so on and so on....

how about this 100 points a doe or buck every point the buck has is worth 10 point each. we cant go by the bc score because of the geographical distances A nice shooter buck for me or gagirl for example would be passer shot say by buckey boy in illonoise so if we have a set point scale by the number of points the deer has we would be all set. so say a buck thats has 8 points would be worth 100+80 for a score of 180. Does would be like gift points they are worth a flat rate of a 100 points with a maximum of 200 points per team. To even it out for everyone we can have other critters worth points as well say like a hog 75 points, coyote 20 points turkey 25 points.

the teams can be set like this everyone that is in will be put into a hat and the names drawn, 2 at a time and then your partner will be announced on here
    edited November -1
    Here is a prelimanry of the rules from another site

All deer will be scored using this website link by gross Pope and Young scoring total. http://www.luckybuck.org/index8824.html

1. It doesn't matter how many states you hunt...one buck and one doe or one doe and a second doe* (for people who don't shoot a buck) will count for your score, no matter where taken. The first one entered will be counted...even if you kill the world record the following week.

2. NO PIC OR VID, NO SCORE. All pics should be tasteful (don't worry too much about tongues hanging out, but no pics of a skinned deer hanging over a pool of blood in a junked up garage.) You must post a pic or post a video link of your harvest to count as scored!

3. All does, button bucks and bucks scoring under 50 pts. count as 50 points.

4. Crossbows are allowed in states where legal.

5. Final deer entry date will be Feb 28th 2007 . All deer must be entered by then.

6. Bow kills only...no gun, as it is an Archery contest...see crossbow rule above.

10. Your bow must be somewhere in the picture.

11.You MUST have fun!
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    hmmm sounds fun...
    edited November -1
    quote:A nice shooter buck for me or gagirl for example would be passer shot say by buckey boy in illonoise so if we have a set point scale by the number of points the deer has we would be all set.

I understand what your saying but keep in mind I had never shot a buck that would have scored over 50 pts until last season.
    So had I participated like something like this in the past I never would have gotten more that 100 total pts.

I borrowed the rules from AT and they have people all over the country and the system seems to work for them. With modification of course I took out the mule deer, elk, moose rule but we can put it back in if someone would like.
  • davis shootingdavis shooting Member Posts: 85 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "IM IN" THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN[:D]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    We also need a "Golden Bambi" trophy for the smallest deer.

Ben
  • thunderstick82thunderstick82 Member Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds good. What do the winners get?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by thunderstick82

MEAT
  • FANNINFANNIN Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm in.....

Would be nice to put some $ in the pot. But I undestand if we can't. I have some BlackHawk vapors 4000 that I can contribute?
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like fun. I would rather see it a "fun contest" rather than one with prizes. I know this is for the most part a good bunch, and would hate to see someone tempted to cheat.
  • thunderstick82thunderstick82 Member Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree. Keep it pure.
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Add to me to this.[8D]" Should " beable to get a small buck /doe here in Iowa.[:D]
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Just get the right partner and you'll be fine[:D][;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413

Just get the right partner and you'll be fine[:D][;)]
    seeing as you volunteered its you and Gagirl[;)][:0][:D][:D] Its all just for fun lets have a gooood time. Gagirl no offence I figure if I pair you up with gagirl my * is sfe in Illinois . hey man gotta watch my own *[:D][:D][:D]
  • hivoltghivoltg Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm in. We don't have many bucks on my new place and we are still management hunting anyway. But, one good thing is, I know I am good for two skinheads!![:D]
    edited November -1

Braggin rights![:D]

I'll give it til the end of the day then throw the names in a hat, unless you all think I should let it ride the weekend?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

Braggin rights![:D]

I'll give it til the end of the day then throw the names in a hat, unless you all think I should let it ride the weekend?
    Bang yall wanna team up with me or are ya gonna do enos. taco, lets get some teams going.