In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ross bows

davis shootingdavis shooting Member Posts: 85 ✭✭
HI Has anyone shot the ross bows.What do you think.Getting noise that sounds like its coming fron quiver.Any sug

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    i can get my hands on a new Ross? bow for 1/2 retail price. i wont have the chance to shoot before potentially buying..it will come ready to shoot, with all the bells and whistles (trophy taker rest, sites, etc)

are they everything they are 'hyped' to be?

any good or bad comments would be great. i have til next friday to decide...

thanks.
    scott
  • Options
    edited November -1
    After reading Ross on the forum, I did some research quite a bit. and Ross bows seem to be a very good bow. all the reviews I found raved about them. I would like shoot one just to see for my self...
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shot one today for the first time while a tech was working on my Hoyt. It shot ok. I would put it top of class for the $550 - $600 price range the sticker had on it. Not as nice, quiet or smooth as a Trykon, Switchback XT, or Bowtech in my opinion. The one I shot had a strange looking drop away on it that seemed to make a lot of noise when it dropped and hit the riser.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by davis shooting
    HI Has anyone shot the ross bows.What do you think.Getting noise that sounds like its coming fron quiver.Any sug

Take it off. I don't shoot with a quiver on.
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    quote:Originally posted by davis shooting

Take it off. I don't shoot with a quiver on.

I do and have no noise from it at all.
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    quivers are overated mine gets taken off at the tree and hung up
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by headzilla97
    quivers are overated mine gets taken off at the tree and hung up

Zactley what I do.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    mine stays on. It's a whole lot easier to put it on automatic if your arrows are right in front of you.

Ben
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    fishermanben Posted - 08/23/2006 : 11:09:37 AM
    mine stays on. It's a whole lot easier to put it on automatic if your arrows are right in front of you.

Ben

[:D][:D]

I just line all 6 arrows up on the string and let'em loose.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    This is weird how is a quiver in your way. My brother will not shoot his freakin bow with the quiver on it Iam just the opposite I could care less its not in my way dosent affet the shot and makes no noise.... besides mine dosent come off it's the two peice perminate mathews quiver[:D][:D] But I never took my others off either Poll who leaves quiver on who takes it off.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Found problem,just alittle locktight on mounting bolts solved problem
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As Ben said, right in front of you! I shot a doe two tears ago and the buck that was following never spooked and I could of got a shot if the arrows wern't hanging behind me on the tree. Reached behind to grap and hello man in the tree making racket![:D]