In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rinehart 100

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
I will be going to the R-100 shoot in Sparta, Wisconsin Aug. 12-13. Anyone else thinking of going? Should be a good time. 2 days, 50 targets each day.
Here is a link...
http://www.rinehart3-d.com/r100.html

Comments

• Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    im betting that im the only other wisconsinite here.....and sparta is a ways away from me, so i am not going to be able to attend[:(]
  • Options
    PSFD DONKEYPSFD DONKEY Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dabowman you shouldn't bet. That seems like a good time, unfortunally I have prior commitments. Let us know how you do.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am going to go to a shoot (r-100) shoot here in indiana in late august. Wisconsin is a little far for me to drive. ;)

lets us know how it goes. At least you won't be shooting any mckenzie targets, god i hate those things.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    my bad....[:I][:o)]
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    I am going to go to a shoot (r-100) shoot here in indiana in late august. Wisconsin is a little far for me to drive. ;)

lets us know how it goes. At least you won't be shooting any mckenzie targets, god i hate those things.

Where and when? I live about 60 miles west of you.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

They don't let hoyt shooter in MATHEWS LAND.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413

Where and when? I live about 60 miles west of you.

In wabash, about an hour and a half northeast of here.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:surekill Posted - 08/04/2006 : 6:13:18 PM

quote:
    Originally posted by shoff14

They don't let hoyt shooter in MATHEWS LAND.
    What do you think will happen if a Hoyt shooter walks into the home of Mathews archery: Sparta, WI and wins the r-100?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    quote:surekill Posted - 08/04/2006 : 6:13:18 PM

quote:
    Originally posted by shoff14

They don't let hoyt shooter in MATHEWS LAND.
    What do you think will happen if a Hoyt shooter walks into the home of Mathews archery: Sparta, WI and wins the r-100?
    riot! RUUUNNNNN.............
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Day 1 results for me anyway...

I WON THE STEEL CHALLENGE! There were 9 targets with trees cut out of steel infront of them. There were small 2 - 4 inch gaps to sneak arrows through. I ended up with 2-12's, 2-10's, 3-8's and 2-0's for 68. 2nd was 64, and 3rd was 62. Oh and 2 of the top 3 shot Hoyt in Mathews' home town... [:D]
    I also hit the lifesaver candy on a moving target and was in a drawing for another target there too.
    Today I shot the safari course with tremendous scores. 554 out of 600 for the day. It was tied with the highest score any of my family had heard, and that was an unlimited class shooter. I am shooting bowhunter! We will see what tomorrow brings.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009

I WON THE STEEL CHALLENGE! There were 9 targets with trees cut out of steel infront of them. There were small 2 - 4 inch gaps to sneak arrows through. I ended up with 2-12's, 2-10's, 3-8's and 2-0's for 68. 2nd was 64, and 3rd was 62. Oh and 2 of the top 3 shot Hoyt in Mathews' home town... [:D]
    I also hit the lifesaver candy on a moving target and was in a drawing for another target there too.
    Today I shot the safari course with tremendous scores. 554 out of 600 for the day. It was tied with the highest score any of my family had heard, and that was an unlimited class shooter. I am shooting bowhunter! We will see what tomorrow brings.
    I guess congrads is in order Even with a hoyt ..[;)]good shooting Bud
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok now for report for day 2. I only wish that it was as good as day 1. I started out with bow problems. One $2.00 stop at a vender's booth fixed it. Needed new serving. Then came my rangefinder giving false readings most of the day. It was reading short by about 5 yards up until the last target. Then it was off by 12. Still managed to shoot a 529 which was good for 4th place. My 2nd from the day before was bumped to 5th. 554, and 529 would have placed better in the unlimited. Still not bad for 500 shooters.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here are a few pictures my wife took of day 1

3 12's
    IMAG0015.jpg

Biggest darn target I ever shot! 3 12's again
    IMAG0022.jpg

My dad pulling arrows 3 12's again
    IMAG0024.jpg
  • Options
    Maurice O. AmundsonMaurice O. Amundson Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am interested in what you thought of the shoot and the facilities. quote:Originally posted by dcso3009

• Options
    edited November -1
    The shoot was incredible! Challenging, fun, moved along well, and great exhibition shoots (steel challenge and the iron buck). The facilities were just as good. Plenty of room for parking, eating, shooting, and venders. The only thing I would have liked to see was more up and down shooting to the targets. All in all it was a great place to hold a shoot. Why do you ask?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    did you have to shoot both days or just did it for fun?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You can shoot 50 each day like I did, or all 100 in one day, or just 50 in one day and did not shoot the other "side".

The shoots are broken into 2 courses of 50 targets. One is the Safari which has targets like I posted above. The other is the North American which is all deer, bear, turkeys, caribou, moose, sheep, pigs, and so on.

I found the safari side easier, but placed better on the NA.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    More pictures of the shoot

First target 1 of the steel challenge
    steelchallenge1.jpg

Another target
    steelchallenge2.jpg

winners with prizes... I got the deer
    steelchallenge3.jpg

another exibition shoot Milk Jug Challenge... you have to drain out your water before the other shooter. Side by side action
    milkjugshoot.jpg

One more of a good bunch of shots
    anothergroup.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i am not looking at the arrows in that last pic. [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I know what you mean. Something tells me she is popular.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    NIce pics, anymore of her?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bang
    Just one more of her... Not as good. I will post it later for you.
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dsco that looks like a really good time. Great shootin too. Way to go.[;)]
    Shoff,Bang you pervs.[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag

we just have the coconuts to say what we are thinking.
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

shoff if I said what I was thinking all the time I'd be in prison.[B)]
  • Options
    edited November -1

shoff if I said what I was thinking all the time I'd be in prison.[B)]

or your wife would be. [B)]
  • Options
    Maurice O. AmundsonMaurice O. Amundson Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The reason that i am asking is that I help set up the course and am sec of the club. We will have the shoot again next year on the same weekend and are looking for ways to make it even better for those who attend. anyu suggestions will be appreciated. thanksquote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    The shoot was incredible! Challenging, fun, moved along well, and great exhibition shoots (steel challenge and the iron buck). The facilities were just as good. Plenty of room for parking, eating, shooting, and venders. The only thing I would have liked to see was more up and down shooting to the targets. All in all it was a great place to hold a shoot. Why do you ask?