In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Found a Browning for sale, good starter?

goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
I am looking to get into bow hunting and someone is selling a Browning Compound bow with arrows, quiver and case for $35.00 locally. I am waiting to hear back about what model it is, all the ad says is "older Browning bow". Assuming I can get a tune up done on it should I go for it? Are they good bows? What questions should I ask the seller before I buy it?

Comments

• Options
    47studebaker47studebaker Member Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would rather see you go to a local archery shop and look for used bows. It will cost more and probably wont have many accessories but it wont have cracked limbs or some other (expensive) problems. That said, depending on the sites, arrows and quiver it might be worth the $35 just for those.
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i agree you need to go to bow shop to get fitted on draw length and make sure you are getting a good bow
  • Options
    grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought an old Browning at a flea market years ago, I shot my only ever perfect score with it. The limbs cracked on it right after I bought it. I sent the limbs back to Browning and they replaced them free of charge. They have a good warrenty.
  • Options
    goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    The guy still has it for sale...maybe I'll get it just to practice some.