In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Weekend

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
edited September 2006 in Bow Hunting and Target Archery
Wanted to wish everyone a fun and safe Labor Day weekend. Mine starts tonight.

Comments

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Got out to the woods. Hung 3 lock on stands. Put 2 in some new areas that I think will pay off. just a few yards off some really nice trails. Only saw 1 deer but it was like 11;00. it was quite breezy and leaves were falling, its gonna be hard to wait til the 6th to get out and hunt. Got the cabin cleaned and ready for season but I couldn't get the dang mower to start so I guess we'll have to deal with the somewhat tall grass, cause I ain't mowing after season starts.
    edited November -1
    Took my nephew out for his first ever hunt this weekend. He's 14 and a pretty good shot at a target. The weekend was good, had decent weather, fairly cool and cloud cover. Sat. morning I didn't see anything and Andy saw 2. 1 he wasn't sure what it was and the other a little 4pt. Sat. evening I got in the stand at 4 and had a doe down at 4:30. Andy came and helped me drag it out then went back to his stand. Some time later I was at the cabin and opening the door to get a beer out of the cooler and there's Andy, sayin', "I GOT ONE!, I GOT ONE!" So we take some lights and head to the stand where he shot. Well to cut this short we found very little blood. We tried to just cover the area doing sort of a grid type search but came up empty handed. So we decided to wait til light and try again. So day light comes we skip morning hunt this morning and start lookin for his deer. We were so close but with it being dark we just didn't see him. So here is my nephew wit his first deer ever on his first hunt he's ever been on. Its that 4 pt that he had seen that morning.

DSC00289.jpg
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yup, everybody drink a lot, but don't drive [;)]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Will be workin at home drinkin. Hope to have my roof, sophit and facia done tonight, so I can start siding tomorrow. Oh crap need to put windows and doors in first then siding.

Have fun and be safe
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    lets see... hog hunting saturday, Craig Morgan and Billy Currington concert on Sunday, Fire Dept sponsered BBQ for all Darien City Employees on Monday ( I am doing all the cooking for about 50-60 people) and a whole lot of beer thrown in the mix Sat night Sunday and Monday. [:D]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    let's see. off tomorrow at noon. then my 10 best buds are meeting up at my family's place on the lake for a weekend of celebrating my incarnation. It is the 12th annual party barge weekend.[8D][:p]

Ben
    edited November -1
    Bang don't fall off the ladder,
    Gagirl good luck with hog huntin and cookin,
    Ben have a good time at the lake.
    I've got geese to kill tomorrow, sons football game Sat. and more geese and doves must die all weekend. Plus mass quantities of beer.
  • thunderstick82thunderstick82 Member Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't have plans yet but I'm sure a gas grill, a case of bud light, my Allman Brothers Greatest Hits Cd, possibly a shotgun,and some really pissed off neighbors will be involved
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by thunderstick82
    my Allman Brothers Greatest Hits Cd

I've really been digging the song "soulshine" lately.

Ben
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    quote:Originally posted by thunderstick82
    my Allman Brothers Greatest Hits Cd

I've really been digging the song "soulshine" lately.

Ben

A GREAT song!

Soulshine
    is better than Sunshine
    better than Moonshine
    damn sure better than rain!
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My computer is FU. It looks like Bang is a moderator? Just can't be. Well it's late and I'm tired. Must be my eyes.
    Anyway after work tonight and sleep tomorrow I'm BBQin country ribs,salmon and jumbo alaskin king crab legs with beer.[:p]
    Saturday it's replacing the brickmold around the sliding glass door of my deck. Then beer BBQin home made cheese burgers with garden tomatoes and beer.[:p]
    Sunday it's work at my fathers house then BBQin chicken for lunch. Then home for BBQin ??? yet and beer.[:p]
    Monday F***in work.[:p]
    Have a safe one guys/gals.[:)]
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i just found out my sister is coming in from out of state, so it should be a pretty fun weekend.