In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need help

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
edited September 2006 in Bow Hunting and Target Archery
I am a rancher and outfitter in South Dakota. I am going to open up the home place for Bow hunters ONLY.I am going to offer the hunts on gunbroker as soon as I have the new pics.It will be for whitetail or mule deer. I would like to know of any forums that could help me get this info to the guys taht would be interestad. It would be great hunting for new bowhunters with out tons of time in the woods,all the hard work is done.It is also for guys on a budget.I have to many deer on this place.I am not trying to sell it here . I know it is late to book A hunt.But would like to know what Bowhunters think.Thanks for any help or info

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    My eyes seem to be getting progressivly worse close up I am fine lond distance. I wear reading glasses.

Here is my problem. I was shooting last night after work and when I look through my peep the three pins are so close that they are blury- fuzzy quite a bit. I can wear my glasses, but then the target down range would be blury. any one else dealing with this... Tough to get old. I'll tell ya.[:(]
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D]Yup David has the same problem. Honestly it was all corrected when he started useing the hind site. Yup tough getting old he will be 51 this year [:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    Usually happens to me also. I just have to use some restraint and not drink a 6 before I shoot.[:D]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    Usually happens to me also. I just have to use some restraint and not drink a 6 before I shoot.[:D]

Thats obsurd!
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you ever tried a verifier? NOT a clarifier, but a verifier. They are on lancasters website. They are for hunting, and will or supposedly will clear up your pins for you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    so you buy one of these 37 or 45 degree depending on your bow

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=44_298&products_id=2159

then you buy one of these or a couple of these to try

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=44_298&products_id=6187

They screw in and out of the peep with a allen wrench
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Shoff how about down range does it effect that.[?] will the deer or target look funny through this[?] awsome post it's very fustrating to see blury pins gonna do some more research on these. I diddent think anything like this existed thanks again.[;)][8D] Oh by the way last time I drank and shot arrows I killed the gutter on the side of the house.[:0]
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    Try this link. Stick on bifocal lenses. I don't know if you could position them so that you could look at your sight pin then above the sticker to clearly see the target. BTW, how did you cook the gutter.

http://search.express.ebay.com/__Vision-Care_stick-on-bifocal_W0QQ_nkwZstickQ20onQ20bifocalQQ_fxdZ1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Shoff how about down range does it effect that.[?] will the deer or target look funny through this[?] awsome post it's very fustrating to see blury pins gonna do some more research on these. I diddent think anything like this existed thanks again.[;)][8D] Oh by the way last time I drank and shot arrows I killed the gutter on the side of the house.[:0]

Check out the specialty archery website. They have some pictures on there. I believe that the foci (is that the correct word?) of these lenses is so small that it doesn't screw anything up down range. Plus these were designed for far a sighted person like yourself.

I haven't ever used one, nor do I have the need too, i have 15/20 vision. I do use a clarifier for spots and it makes things down range clearer with a scope. But a verifier is supposed to make your pins better without altering down range.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14

Check out the specialty archery website. They have some pictures on there. I believe that the foci (is that the correct word?) of these lenses is so small that it doesn't screw anything up down range. Plus these were designed for far a sighted person like yourself.

I haven't ever used one, nor do I have the need too, i have 15/20 vision. I do use a clarifier for spots and it makes things down range clearer with a scope. But a verifier is supposed to make your pins better without altering down range.
    where is that special archery website????
  • Options
    edited November -1

where is that special archery website????

Either google specialty archery or i believe there are icons in the links i have above that are to their website.
  • Options
    47studebaker47studebaker Member Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you try a bigger peep ? I was having trouble seeing the pins, the shop I use put in a bigger peep and no problems since.
  • Options
    davis shootingdavis shooting Member Posts: 85 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    try the peep shoff14 recommended they work great.it allows me to hunt with out my glasses.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I ordered that peep and the verifier thanks shoff....[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    your welcome

let us know how it works out.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    your welcome

let us know how it works out.
    I will should be here in a couple of days. If it works I'll I will buy the illinois boys an extra beer when I go thre this year and we will toast to you.[;)][8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The title of this thread and knowing the person that started it I couldn't help but laugh my backside off.

All I could think was YES YOU DO!!!![:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    The title of this thread and knowing the person that started it I couldn't help but laugh my backside off.

All I could think was YES YOU DO!!!![:D]
    Why thankyou Mr. Bang 250 I will take that as a compliment.

later seat sniffer[:D][:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got that verifier peep..... Awsome my pins are now crisp and clear.
    I little tricky to tie in but I did it and shot with it Shoff I have my eyes back thanks man[8D][8D][;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Great! glad to hear that buckey. Didn't wanna have to sit in the tree with you to hold your bifocals on.[:D] Its gettin closer. Can you smell that Gibbys burger?

Now I'm going to go do a little more work on the garage then shoot a few dove and end the evening with a little captain.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks man, I'm gonna go check on that buck later maybe shoot a few . real windy and possible rain today from that storm that missed. I can taste the burgers now.
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey buckey, Let me know how that works.I've been battling the dreaded "Blurries" for a few years now. I'l bee 44 in April so I'm afraid it's all down hill for my eyes from here. Gonna need somethin![V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DIRTYRAT
    Hey buckey, Let me know how that works.I've been battling the dreaded "Blurries" for a few years now. I'l bee 44 in April so I'm afraid it's all down hill for my eyes from here. Gonna need somethin![V]
    It's like getting new eyes its awsome, never thought I would see my pins that clear again I would recomend it to any one. also 44 this year. I look at the pins with one eye closed. blury then look through my new peep with the lens nice and clear. Lancaster archery . got it in two days , However it was a little tricky to tie it in If you don't have your own press bring it to the bow shop.[;)]I got a #6 verifier. the only thing I'm getting use to it it's 1/8 peepa little smaller than I had.