In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

who is scared of the dark

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
I sawa good tread on archery talk and thought i would bring it over here. Anybody have any stories about getting scared in the woods I bet buckeyboy is a chicken and has a few

Comments

• Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I got pretty chilled one morning when I was hunting in West Virginia, it was about 30 minutes before light and a bob cat squalled (spelling?) really close to me, sounded like 5 feet away. Put chills up my back until well after it was light out. [:D]
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Nope Buckey loves the dark.... I try not to use any light at all.

NOW HERE IS WHY... MY DAD USED TO DROP ME OFF IN THE DARK, POINT THE WAY AND SAID HE WOULD BE BACK IN 3-4 HOURS. WELL AFTER CLEANING MY SHORTS FOR SO MANY YEARS. I GOT REAL SICK OF BEING SCARED.. WHICH I WAS.
    I DO RESPECT THE DARK AND THE WOODS BUT I DO NOT FEAR THE LEAST BIT...I FIND IT VERY COMFORTING ACTUALLY I JUST STOP AND LISTEN AND ENJOY MY SUROUNDINGS... I BELIEVE ANY ANIMAL IN THE WOODS FEARS ME MORE THAN I FEAR THEM. I DO FEAR THE MORON HUNTERS DURING GUN SEASON MORE THAN ANYTHING .. SOME OVER ANCIOUS HUNTER THAT THINKS EVERY TWIG THAT SNAPS IS A DEER.... HOPE I DIDDENT DISSIPOINT Y'ALL NO FEAR TEAM BANG A BUCK...[;)][;)][:p]
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i once saw the boogy man
  • Options
    PSFD DONKEYPSFD DONKEY Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had the same experiance as Suspension, those bobcats make a sound that will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up.
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    i once saw the boogy man

did not.........Did you really? [B)]
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    i once saw the boogy man

did not.........Did you really? [B)]
    FAGS[:0][:D][:D] booooooooooooooooo I'm gonna get you

BOOOOGEY WOOODS[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok, this will be my first contribution.

This happened while muzzleloader hunting last winter. We(buddy and I) walk out to our spots. We only planned on being there for a few hours, so we didn't bring our blinds, or set up stands. I sat at the base of a tree in the Pitch darkness. I heard an animal walking towards me off to the left. After a couple minutes I could tell it was right beside me. Walked over my legs, stepped on my right leg and continued walking away. Never even knew I was there. I still don't know what it was. At least I had the gun ready and I had my knife in my hand.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,199 ******
    edited November -1
    While turkey hunting when I was in High school we were camped in a horse pasture. I had to go back to the car to get something. It was complete black out, no moon. Half way to the car I walked through the middle of a covey of quail. When they all exploded around me I about wet myself. I did stop short of screaming like a little girl.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Man I don't have a story yet. but I'm sure I will sometime. cubslover that would have been a cool yet freaky experience.
    Dave that one cracked me up. Having horses I know that big blast of warm moist air youre talking about.[:D]

On the way to one of my favorite spots in the woods I have to walk threw a big open meadow, I like to stop and look at the sky for a few. I can see so many more stars down there than I can around home. Its just cool shizzle.
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Only time I get creeped is when I hear a rattler but cant see it. I have stepped on/over way too many. Always wear snake boots!(even when it gets colder, cause they are nice and warm)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Its just beautiful. that was so broke back mountain esk
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by headzilla97

Yea Headzilla, I can see it now Buck and Bang out in the woods hugging each other scared shipless of some big Buck walking by in the dark.[:D] I'll bet their team theme song is Aerosmiths "dude looks like a lady"[xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a few that I would like to share now that I have made fun of someone.

How about the time i did battle with the evil red squiril from hell. always a good story. It was a dark morning and I went to a spot in some pine trees to take a nap in my stand before the sun rose. Well I was half a asleep and it was still kind of dark out and bark is falling on me and i hear this scream come from above me. I jump up to see a red squril about 2 feet from my face trying to scare me out of his tree. Well Im not going to bow down to the king of the tree rats so I prepare for battle by grabbing my muzzy top arrow for protection. I then tried to stab him, swing at him and poke at him but he was just to nimble thats why he was the king I bet. finally the stand off ends with him jumping to a near by tree. he spent the rest of the morning barkinbg at me.

story 2 Its dark and Im on stand againand i hear what I thought was a heard of deer coming over a little ridge waiting to connect and what walks out a huge porcupine. I was so shocked I didnt kill him/
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dave, your story made me laugh, that's a great one. unfortunately, i'm not really afraid of being in the woods in the dark, nor do i have any cool tales of horror [:(]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by headzilla97

Yea, now that I read it again your right. Here I'll go back and fix it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Its just cool shizzle.

Now that is brokeback geddo
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    One time when I was really young I got the crap scared out of me. It was completely dark and very foggy. I was quietly walking to my treestand, and walked right into the middle of a bedded herd of deer. I heard a snort about 10 feet from me, and all of the sudden the weeds around me started exploding with deer like popcorn. They finally cleared out, and the only thing left was the stench of a rutting buck.

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    One time when I was really young I got the crap scared out of me. It was completely dark and very foggy. I was quietly walking to my treestand, and walked right into the middle of a bedded herd of deer. I heard a snort about 10 feet from me, and all of the sudden the weeds around me started exploding with deer like popcorn. They finally cleared out, and the only thing left was the stench of a rutting buck.

Ben

And the deer were thinking "what the heck was that? Did you see that? I got the poop scared out of me? the old buck: "I about had a heart attack".....
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben

Ben

Ben it sounds like your stand was in the right spot.[:p]