In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

218beekeeper

shaneshane Member Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
Are you out and about today? I've got a question about bow hunting for you. I was gonna ask you on the other forum but I can't get there today. What's up with that?

Comments

• 218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    shane,it`s all clogged up over there,the have to go prune some clutter,I`ve seen it before.So us ol boys with the wimpy computers ,have trouble reaching it.I posted a request on 'experts',maybe it wont take long.You`re askin` the wrong guy about bow stuff!
  • shaneshane Member Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    218, I figured that was the problem. Your request on ask the experts got poofed! I couldn't find anyone to talk to so I thought I would ask you if anyone bow hunted for gators down there in Fla? I didn't want to misuse this forum and all
  • will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    They do shane. I seen it in person and on TNN. It's a dang wonder they don't get killed huntin' them big lizards.
    If you run, you'll just die tired!
    edited November -1
    as far as i know it is illegal to hunt gators in any way,except for a few trappers, who pick up gators that get to close to peoples homes.I have seen stuff on tv ,where the RedHead team were hunting them,with bows.It would not be a good way to do it.You need to get up on them at night ,standing on the bow of your boat,headlamp shinin` down in there eyes .The muzzle will only be maybe 3 to 5 ft. from their head,shoot him between the eyes,but about 1 inch back.This is the way it was done,it is the best way!!!.22mag,25-20,32-20,it dont take much,plus the lesser calibers dont go all the way thrugh to mess up the hide on the under side,which is the only valuable hide.It is not leagal,it is a serious offense.
    Will the last reb to leave flarda,please bring the flag?[This message has been edited by 218Beekeep (edited 10-02-2001).]
    edited November -1
    The method I mentioned is the right way,it is the way I watched my dad do it since I was a baby.It was a family afair,when daddy didn`t go alone he took me,mama,and little brother.he did it that way from the 1930s till 1968 ,when I was 8 years old.Ya see law breakin` was a way of life,and a family afair in them parts.
    Will the last reb to leave flarda,please bring the flag?[This message has been edited by 218Beekeep (edited 10-02-2001).]
  • shaneshane Member Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Legal or not I've got someone to talk to! I got tired of waiting on our other forum and thought I'd check out hardcore talk. That was my first and last visit to that board!!!!!!!!!!!!!