In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bow Season!!!!!!!!!!!!

shaneshane Member Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
Bow season starts here in N.C. monday Sept.10I can't wait!!!!!!! I went and checked around the stand where I'm gonna hunt on opening day and there's deer sign everywhere. I put this stand up back in early summer right smack in the middle of an old apple orchard on a family members farm. I hope you guys have a great opening day!

Comments

• Options
    rg666rg666 Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can already hear it......Thump!! crash,crash,crash....Thud!!! Lets go drag'em out. RG
  • Options
    Richie RichRichie Rich Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IT HAS BEEN IN FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS IN AZ AND I JUST HAVEN"T HAD TIME TO GO. BUT I am going this weekend cuz' I spoted a nice 3x3 muley last week up by my cabin in northern az. SO who knows, but I am only hunting sat. on sunday I am meeting up with 2 of my buddies who got drawn for elk 1 got bull 1 got cow.well good luck to all. rich
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Richie Rich, Keep us posted!! I hunted yesterday and only saw doe's & fawns I hope to have better luck this weekend. Anyone else out there hunting yet? If not, why not? Life is too short to be setting around. GO HUNTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wish all of you a happy THUD.Gotta wate till Oct 1.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well boys, I've got 2 in the freezer! Anyone else been having any luck? You have been hunting haven't you? Those bow strings will rot off if you don't use them some.
  • Options
    in2b8uin2b8u Member Posts: 115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The season starts in 4 weeks but shooting hard now. I just got the kids 7 and 5 their first bows this week. They can't wait to start shooting. Saw a bruiser of a buck near the bottom of some land I lease. Only hoping..........
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    In2b8u, 7 and 5 that is the same age as my two boys.They also love to shoot there bows, I hope that in a couple of years to have some good deer hunters. My oldest has went with me a few times deer hunting but doesn't like having to set still for that long. He said that he will stick to hunting squirrels for now.
  • Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    Shane, smart boy ya' got there that can already recognize his strengths and weaknesses and make good decisions based on the same.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    P.S. Congrats your two deer.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    simonbs, When ya coming up to go hunting? Bow season is still in here. Just a few more miles up the road for you and we could control the deer population together or I would be glad to help remove a few deer from your place if you need me to.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Very busy ages Shane. Wouldnt trade them for the world. I took my 5 year old dove hunting w/ me last week. He got to carry the pellet gun and shoot at a few bogies himself. He was walking in tall cotton. I took my 7 year old daughter goose hunting w me later that weekend. We came across a deer at 30 yards. She did great!!! She was quiet and didn't move for about 10 min. She was gassed after that. I dont know if you are interested but at the end of the month they have some youth only hunts in the great state of WV. Only the children are allowed to carry and they have to be accompianied by adults. The first is an early squirrel hunt, the second is an early deer hunt. Does only. If you are interested let me know and Ill get you some info.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    in2b8u, That youth only hunt sounds fun. Will they let out of state kids hunt? I would like more info. THANKS
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm not going to be able to break away at least until November. Thanks for the invite, and I may take you up on it when that time comes. As far as my Dad's place goes, I think you'd be sorely disapointed unless you just want a walk in some new woods. I've only taken two deer off the property since 1991. I just like to be out in the woods though, so I don't mind the low harvest potential.BTW, I took one of the two deer with my Bear Whitetail II, 9 paces from a 12 foot stand.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    simonbs, When you do get up here look me up. until then just keep those post coming!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Shane, Give me your email address or if you dont feel comf. drop me a line at hayseed@neumedia.net and I'll scan a copy of the youth hunt on for you. If you include your snail mail address I'll just send you a copy of the state regs. (good excuse to go on an out of state bow hunt huh?)either way let me know.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    in2b8u, My email is remo28655@yahoo.com Any excuse to go hunting is a good one!! Thank You very much!!!!!! [This message has been edited by shane (edited 09-20-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Shane did you get my email? Just curious.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yep, I just checked my mail and it's there. I thought you went on vacation and forgot about it. Glad to see ya back online!!!!!!!!! I sent you my snail mail. THANKS AGAIN!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Shane, it's on the way. Let me know if you have any questions. db
  • Options
    edited November -1
    in2b8u, Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hey Shane, did you get the info I sent? Let me know.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yea man I got it, thanks alot. If there is anything I can ever do for you just let me know!
  • Options
    bvinsonbvinson Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Season here in Missouri opened Oct. 1st. I didn't get out to my stand until last Thurs. evening. Sat there for an hour and shot right under a nice little 4-point at 20 yards! I think I hit small limb or branch. Saw him again Friday night, but he didn't get in bow range. I didn't get back out until Sunday morning. Had 4 does walk right under my stand at 6:30am, but it was still too dark to shoot. I couldn't even see my sight pins!! Sat out in the cold and rain last night for 3 hours and didn't see anything but a bunch of squirrels. Anyway, I hope the rest of the season remains as exciting as these last few days!! Good Luck to you all!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    bvinson, A bad day hunting is better than a good day at work! I've got $10 says you'll get that buck if you keep at it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!