In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How's everyones bow hunting adventures going?

crazyplane21crazyplane21 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
Hey ya'll, How is everybody doing out there? Any big bucks taken? I live in TN and have yet to get in a tree. I've been waiting on this weather to change. I love cold weather huntin'. I've seen a ton of does in the evening before sun down. It seems like they are everywhere. Haven't seen that big buck yet. I read your report bvinson. Good luck on gettin that buck. Let me know how everyone is doing.

Comments

• Options
    shaneshane Member Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got my eye on a good buck and hope to get him with my bow but if I don't I'll get him in gun season. When I do get him that will be number three for the year!!
  • Options
    jhj370jhj370 Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saw a monster, possible P&Y on opening evening. He winded me and took off. Missed a doe at 35 yds. the next morning. Have not been in woods since. Thank god I am leaving to get so I & R (isolation and relaxation) tonight. Good Luck!
  • Options
    #72#72 Member Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dont know where you guys are hunting but here in Wisconsin,the land of an estimated 1.8 million deer,I have been out 7 times and havent seen 1 damn deer.Dont laugh, im not a rookie.I have been hunting deer for 16 years,and i have taken my share.I sure wish i knew where these 1.8 m deer are hiding.
  • Options
    s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    # 72 ; My record is 15 times out and never saw a Deer; I think it is 90 % luck. s.gun
  • Options
    G&G FirearmsG&G Firearms Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Put a arrow thru a nice six point opening night (oct 1) here in michigan.Have not heard of alot of people seeing much here.(deer herd is down)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    About 20 yrs. ago; First time out for that season,I walked into the woods,found a trail crossing,went up a tree with my Climber Stand and shot a 6 pt. 10 minutes later.Hit him in the spine and dropped him in his tracks.Two hours later I was home and done Deer Hunting till next year.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good to hear I'm not the only one not seeing 'em. I went the other day and saw a little scat but couldn't locate any deer. Congratulations to everyone who is taking 'em down. It does have alot to do with luck, I think. I'll be going this week so will give you updates. Has anyone ever heard of Hunters for the hungry? It's a program the TN wildlife resources agency has here to help the homeless shelters. It's a good program, you basically donate your deer to specific processors and they give it to the shelters. I like being able to kill a deer and help people out at the same time. Plus it increases my kill ratio. Ya'll should see if your state has programs like this. Good luck out there.
  • Options
    jhj370jhj370 Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    GA has one, got to www.gon.com. They have a lot of links and advertisements in their magazine that will help you find the dates and the drop off locations.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let me just voice my frustrations with the SOB's at my local hunters for the hungry. We have been giving crop damage permit deer to the hungry foe years, then, last year some * shot up a $2000 bill for them to pay. So, instead of telling that person they would no longer accept any more from him over a certain number/yr, they said they will no longer take crop damage deer at all!!! For those of you not farmiliar with crop damage permits, they are issued by DNR to farmers who lose a certain percentage of crops to deer. here on the Delmarva Peninsula of Md. we have enough deer that they can easily destroy 25% of thousands of acres of crops. therefore, the DNR has allowed us a certain number per farm per month to help the farmer who allows us to shoot his property. The number is figured by some formula they have for land size, crop yield etc. This is maddening because those of us who won't kill and leave the animal in the field had a good program where we felt we were giving to the community. A POSITIVE EFFECT OF HUNTING!!! Now we have to find someone who want's to pay the butcher bill and obviously they are not poor or hungry! As always, the actions of a few outweighed the needs of the many.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    JustC, Man That stinks! I'm sorry about your luck. People like that really burn me up, selfish, self-centered types. All it takes is one person to screw things up for the multitude! I haven't heard of anything like that happening here in TN., but I'm sure it could. That's terrible about all the crop loss I had know idea it was that significant. I know it's frustrating but remember why we are out there, to enjoy the great outdoors. Good luck to you!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Put my arrows away.Got my slug's out.Gun week comes Monday.Maybe I'll have some Buck come a little closer.