In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Getting tired of the compound

VarmintmistVarmintmist Member Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
Was thinking of trying traditional archery. Looked on Ebay, I have NO idea what Im looking at. The one that I found here is a Shakespear ??? any good ??Jim posted that he had 3 old bows. Can anyone tell if they are any good? ie name brands/model/type. I understand that condition is in the eye of the beholder, but what is good? Is there any way to tell what is a lemon?I know a Martin Hunter goes for about 325, Mamba 300, around here, but I dont want to drop that kind of cash if I decide I like the compound again.[This message has been edited by Varmintmist (edited 12-30-2001).]

Comments

• Options
    rg666rg666 Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can buy someones left overs or buy a new bow. Check out this site. This man will talk to you & build a custom bow for a few bucks more than a high quality used bow. I have three recurves. Two are 70's bows made by "Wing".The other is a custom bow from Marriah. The draw weights are 52#, 54# & 62#. The thing to remember with a traditional bow is that there is no let-off. Don't think you can shoot a 80# pound draw traditional bow. You will hate it if the draw weight is too high. Find a place near you that has some traditional bows & shoot a few arrows to see what fits you. But take a look at this mans site & his prices. He gives you the extras that company's like Black Widow charge out the yin-yang for. Good to see that you are finally ready to get rid of your "training wheels". RGPS: Bows with draw weights over 45#'s are best for hunting. http://www.cyberport.net/marriah/index.html [This message has been edited by rg666 (edited 12-31-2001).]