In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What can you tell me about Bear bow?

Jon G.Jon G. Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
I inherited a Bear recurve bow from my grandfather. I don't know much about bows. It is called the Kodiak Magnum, and also has the phrase "glass powered" on it. The serial number is 6M2578, and is marked as 52" and 52#. It is marked with patent numbers, and it also says Canada 1953.How old is this? What is it made of? What kind of string should I use? What is its value? Does it make sense to do any hunting with this bow, or should it be a "relic"? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    arrowarrow Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    own a 55# {read this as 55 pound] bow recurve which is also 57 inches long and took a bear last spring ! These are very capable weapons when you have a bit of practice under your belt. for a string,your local archery shop should be able to fix you up and I recommend joining a club for a wealth of information which will let you avoid costly mistakes. this hobby can be very satisfying!