In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Looking at an SQ2, are they any good.

QMANQMAN Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
I have been looking at an SQ2. Whats the scoop on these bows. The magazines seem to like them. Guess thats how they sell them tho. Shot a friends and he really likes his. I did not shoot it enough for an opinion one way or the other except it seemed quiet.

Comments

• Options
    snakebellysnakebelly Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    havent had the opportunity to shoot one yet but all the matthews seem to rock; i've had the fx for two years(16 1/2 outside eight point, 15 inch six point). I might buy the Q2 or the Sq2 this year and use the fx as a backup.
  • Options
    devemndevemn Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    All of the new bows are going to be similar in quality. Matthews tend to run a little more money. With the advertising they do lets them get away with a little. I recommend going to a pro shop in your area and making sure you get the right set up for you before ordering. Draw length, poundage, letoff%, and depending on skill of the archer Brace height is critial. The smaller the brace height the less forgiving the bow will be and the less consistate accuracy you will have at longer distance. Good luck and happy shooting,devemn, Bow tech.
  • Options
    bullhaulerbullhauler Member Posts: 118 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    buy a hoyt. matthews bows are junk. they get their speed by leaving space between the cam and the inside of the limbs. this causes cam lean at full draw and makes accuracy difficult with anything short of perfect form. also creates problems later on. their limbs are also junk. put 3 sets on one bow in less than 2 years. needless to say the owner got rid of it. so check out hoyts line up. lifetime warranty, great quality, blistering speed and very quiet
  • Options
    Duncan357Duncan357 Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dont agree with bullhauler. I'm on my third matthews bow. This one is a Q2. It's great. I've owned and/or shot many brands and I like matthews the most of any of them. As bows get shorter, form becomes more and more important.
  • Options
    bowcopbowcop Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also disagree with bullhauler. I have owned two mathews bows now (MQ1 and Blackmax) You could not give me a hoyt after shooting them. Bullhauler, where do you come up with "not accurate if your form is not perfect"? I let my dad shot my MQ1, and he has never shot a compound before and he did fantastic. I find no credabiltiy in your statement. Sure the Mathews is expensive. Yes Hoyt is a fine bow, but given the choice between the two, I will pay more to get the better bow. When has ANY of the other manufacters come out with a bow that was not a copy of a Mathews concept? I can't think of any. Bullhauler sounds like you had a bad experiance. I have not ever had a problem with any of my Mathews bows. Good luck and happy shooting everyone
  • Options
    COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WELL I AGREE WITH BULL.....BUY HOYT.........MATTHEWS IS ALL HIPPED UP IN THE MEDIA.......I THINK OF IT LIKE A DESIGNER PAIR OF JEANS.COST MORE,, MORE IN MEDIA..BUT NONE OF THAT MAKES THEM LAST ANY LONGER OR FIT ANY BETTER.HAND SEVERAL PSE'S BUT ONCE I SHOT A HOYT I NEVER WENT BACK.........BUT REMEMBER IT'S NOT THE BOW BUT THE FINGERS HOLDING IT.....BUY WHAT YOU WANT.....GO SHOOT A FEW DIFFERENT ONE'S AND PICK..........HOYT HOYT HOYT HOYT HOYT HOYT HOYT HOYT HOYTGOOD LUCK.........JUST DON'T MISS OPENING DAY
  • Options
    rock,roll,n,loadrock,roll,n,load Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    **** I have 2 bows, a Mathews Z-Light and a Hoyt Viper..........more racks on the wall with the Viper. But to each his own, that's why we have so many to choose from. Try some different ones out..go with the one that "feels" good to you!!