In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

First BOW

Harleeman1030Harleeman1030 Member Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
Went to the shop and bought a 7.0 Mathews Reezen. Been shooting in a archery league 5 spot score has increased from a 264 to 279 in three weeks. I forsee a untimely hogs death in the not so far future.

Never understood why someone would minimize their range hunting with a bow. I must admit now that I've tried it, this stuff is addicting!

Comments

• Options
    Harleeman1030Harleeman1030 Member Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi i am 6'4" tall wear a 35-37 sleeve shrit...I look in cabelas just to look and never see anything over a 30 inch draw...What do i need to look for do i have to go buy from some dealer can i buy one off internet ???Thanks Wayne
  • Options
    sealyonsealyon Member Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I FULLY understand your problem. I shoot a 33 1/2 inch draw. If your shooting fingers ( no release) you need to look for the longest axel to axel length bow you can find to avoid finger pinch. Last I heard Hoyt and PSE still had bows with long draw length. You'll have to find out your exact draw length first and then start checking your local pro shops for info.
  • Options
    psgpowellpsgpowell Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a buddy who is 6'7" & he shoots an Oneida. Other companies make long draw length bows also but you might have to special order. I think your best bet is to visit a good archery shop, have your draw length measured & go from there.
  • Options
    JB ARMSJB ARMS Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    YOU CAN CALL WOODLAND ARCHERY ASK FOR JEFF AND TELL HIM JASON BENWAY SAID HE CAN HELP. HE WILL GET YOU SET UP. # (402) 463-3675

JBenway