In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

carbon arrows

1blitzer1blitzer Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
I am looking for suggestions about what to coat my carbon arrows with to make them easier to remove from 3d targets. I shoot a reflex express at 319 fps with 29 1/2" beman arrows.

Comments

• psgpowellpsgpowell Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use Gorilla Grease but there are other brands similar. The container clips to your belt,is easy to carry & it does make removal easier. I've heard of guys using dish detergent, WD40 etc but haven't tried them.
  • rg666rg666 Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have friends that will file the field point heads flat. Not so much that it will dramatically affect it but enough to slow the entry helping make the extraction easier. RG

PS:Forgot to ask. have you ever tried to use the neoprene arrow pullers? They work pretty well too.

Edited by - rg666 on 04/18/2002 18:20:16
  • JB ARMSJB ARMS Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can rub the end of your arrow with a bar of soap or use dish soap and dip the tips of them befor for you shoot it works well and get a gorilla grip arrow puller

JBenway
  • 1blitzer1blitzer Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think I will try the soap idea first. I already have the arrow puller. I tried the gorilla grease, but I will need to work alot of OT to keep a supply on hand since I will shoot 3d once a week in may until october. I was also thinking of trying armorall or vegetable oil.

Edited by - 1blitzer on 04/19/2002 01:54:33
  • jec110jec110 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pam vegetable spray works well.
  • lazywallruslazywallrus Member Posts: 119 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually what worked best for me is changig tips from combo-points that are almost sharp pointed, to the bullet style. they wont penetrate as deep and make a bigger hole going in. I usually dont even have to use my puller, a little harder on your target, and sometimes the operators at the 3-D course dont like them either.

GO RED WINGS!!