In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Tree Lounge

s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
Any of you all ever have experience with those Tree Lounge Stands care to comment on Pros and Cons.

I am confused at times.We park on driveways anddrive on parkways.

Comments

• Options
    COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have one and love it.......by far most comfortable stand
    i ever hunted out of........great ALL day stand.......
    very quite and strong.....$$$$$$$$$$$$$well spent......

• Options
    cloquetcloquet Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had one. Sold it. Design flaw for section that supports feet allows metalic noise when you apply pressure to change your body angle. I have seen pictures of the new redesign and it appears they have attempted to correct this flaw by installing a bolt near the bottom of the center section. I tried this with mine befor selling it. It didn't work well. Hard to tell from looking at a picture, maybe they did it different than I did and it works good. Also found that the platform on the bowhunter model is marginal in size. the correct solution for both problems in my opinion is to have the lowest section (the foot section) fold instead of telescope. this would give space for a larger platform and also eliminate the metal clink noise. the downside would be a slightly thicker carying size. I bought a Doc's recliner same basic sling seat and tree attachment system but no metal noise and no wingnuts either. Doc uses pins fastened to the stand. Can't lose them.

Thomas E. Boyer
  • Options
    RON53RON53 Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have 2 of them, wouldn't use anything else.. But if you get one be sure to get a wheel kit for it or make one. I also recommend the "Leveler" option. I am not real impressed with the "new" model. The company claims it's lighter in weight, But I prefer the extra weight that translates into STRONGER/SAFER...
  • Options
    rock,roll,n,loadrock,roll,n,load Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll have to go with cloquet on this one. Go with the Doc's. They are a little heavy but can't be beat when it comes to comfort.
  • Options
    tradertrader Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    went to charlotte sport show and met the owner of tree lounge as he climbed a smooth aluminum pole to about 12 feet i quickly got out my check book and have comfortably used it with confidence buy ine you will never regret it and if you do they will refund your money!!kent
  • Options
    predator_hunterpredator_hunter Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My brother as one he like's it but he dont hunt 10 foot off the ground he said try it out i did i wouldnt use one if i had too i didnt like it i don't think it is half the stand my Old Man Grand Vision i can go 22 feet up in the tree with it and fill safe not in the tree lounge i would like to try the Doc's tree stand it looks like a good stand good hunting
  • Options
    hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
    edited November -1
    S.gun; I haven't used one yet but have a couple of freinds that have them and they swear by them, not at them.
    I'm not sure what the "Doc" is like but If someone could let me know where to look into them I'd be appreciative. I've sorta been looking for a climber with a all-day seat!

Though I was born to royalty, I was snatched at birth, so treat me as the noble I am!!!
  • Options
    COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hunter280man.......www.docsrecliner.com........Their about 15 minutes down the road.......but have never sat in one , I know sounds crazy being so close to the factory........but..I LOVE my tree lounge though

coonass

"A man is known by the
    company his mind keeps."
    T.A. Aldrich
  • Options
    hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
    edited November -1
    Thanks Coonass I'm on my way for a look!

Though I was born to royalty, I was snatched at birth, so treat me as the noble I am!!!

I like em!

Edited by - hunter280man on 05/29/2002 20:33:22
  • Options
    n4thethrilln4thethrill Member Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    best money i have ever spent on a stand the only reason i don't have two is because there is only one of me!

you can be king or street sweeper but everyone is going to dance with the reaper
  • Options
    gunnutgunnut Member Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not sure on the tree lounge, I can tell you the Grand Ol'Man is sweeeet.

The Nut

~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~