In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

HOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

azzeaterazzeater Member Posts: 187 ✭✭✭
Man, i've been shootin all day (since work) and i am hooked. My buddy said that I am a natural. I hope so. What is a normal distance for practice? Suggestions would be appreciated.

hey all!

Comments

• Options
    sealyonsealyon Member Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your setup is what limits range. Most deer are killed under 25 yards. When I decided to get serious I shot at ten yards untill I could keep all my arrows in a tennis ball. Then I moved back to twenty--thirty. Always started my practice at ten. I eventually could shoot 8" groups at 50 yards----Makes a deer at 25 look as big as a cape buffalo. I forced myself to shoot 100 arrows a day all summer. I filled my tags every year for 24 years untill last year. Now I gotta start all over!!!!
  • Options
    n4thethrilln4thethrill Member Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    like sealyon said start off close and shoot as far as your comfortable shooting. i draw the line at 55 yards where my friend shoots 80 i would never dream of shooting that far but he took two elk at the 70 yard mark it is all what you are comfortable with oh and don't shoot until you are wore out it will lead to bad habits

you can be king or street sweeper but everyone is going to dance with the reaper