In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Choices and Shipping

FLRugerGuyFLRugerGuy Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
I want to get into bow hunting and have been looking at bows. Any suggestions on a "first bow"? What about the 1998 PSE Polaris advertised here on gunbroker.com?

Does a bow and/or a crossbow have to be shipped to an FFL?

FLRugerGuy

Comments

• salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A bow and or crossbow does not have to be shipped to an FFL-maybe in some of those god forsaken anti states like Mass., CA, NJ, NY, MD-but I doubt it.
    I would suggest going to a pro shop to buy your first bow. There are variables involved that would be best handled by someone who knows what they are doing.
    I do not have one, but I have friends who like the PSE BEAST. You can get them for around $200(that price is before you get involved with the necessary accessories).

"The powers delegated by the proposed constitution to the federal governmentare few and defined, and will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace negotiation, and foreign commerce"
    -James Madison
  • FLRugerGuyFLRugerGuy Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, salzo! $200 to $300 is in my range. Thanks for the reply.
  • predator_hunterpredator_hunter Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi look at a Buck bow sold by Buck knifes they have an unlit. Life time warrarnty on them and they r a one cam bow and IBO on it is around 298 fps they shoot great my friend has one and he shoots 3-D with it and u can get one for around 199.99 he like it for hunting too it has 75 or 80 percent let off hope this has help u good luck
  • FLRugerGuyFLRugerGuy Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:
    Hi look at a Buck bow sold by Buck knifes they have an unlit. Life time warrarnty on them and they r a one cam bow and IBO on it is around 298 fps they shoot great my friend has one and he shoots 3-D with it and u can get one for around 199.99 he like it for hunting too it has 75 or 80 percent let off hope this has help u good luck
  • id1621id1621 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey,
    Look at my topic...that is an entry bow. It was my first bow and I only used it twice. I stopped archery. This bow is great entry levelers. It cost 200.00 at retail. I sell it to you at 100.00 A case and quiver and soft case will be included for 20 more.
  • COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey.........FLrugerguy........I have a PSE Jet Flight Express....
    Everything on it to go shooting or hunting, 60\80 LBS, 29" Adjustable draw length, double cam , 5 pin PSE Mongoose sight, PSE Mini Overdraw, 8 Easton Alum XX75 2218 Arrows W/field points, PSE 8 Arrow Quiver, Stabilizer w/knuckle , Hand sling.....about 10 yrs old but well kept..
    accessories along are worth over 200.00........I just got a new one, So I'm selling this one cheap.......................................
    $225.00 , I'll pay shipping......Will also offer two week guarantee less shipping.....This bow was once the top of the PSE line...bow is green camo..........You just need a release and you can shoot....

coonass

We Live in a World of Give And Take, But A Lot Of People Won't Give What it Takes.

Edited by - COONASS on 06/30/2002 11:34:12