In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

buying a parker bow

danthemandantheman Member Posts: 259 ✭✭✭
i'm interesed in buying a bow and have pretty much decided on a bow by parker. does anyone have any feedback on parker bows. its a small company out of virginia and a friend of mine shoots for them. he swears by them, but i'm not too familiar with them. thanks

Comments

• COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to GB.......I never heard of them........Do they have a Web-site.............

coonass

We Live in a World of Give And Take, But A Lot Of People Won't Give What it Takes.
  • devemndevemn Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Parker bows. Yes, your friend is right they are very well build and very good performing bows. Good speed and quiet. Make sure that you get the right draw length when you buy and not to much poundage. Most people I sell bows to that are new to the sport a friend has got them in to the sport. They come in and want a bow just like there friend and then want to shoot just like that person. It is best to start out lower poundage and work up, will be much more satisfied and enjoy the sport more. Good luck, and most of all have fun.
    For coonass, Parker Bows also make "BowTech bows" If you have heared of them. they have the fastest bow on the Market right now with the Black Talon shooting 350fps Ibo. I can't remember the web-site but will get back to you when I find it.

Good Luck
    Devemn
    The bow tech
  • lazywallruslazywallrus Member Posts: 119 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great bows really fast. If its your first bow I would stay away from the short 31" version. Probably hard to control. But a 34" - 36" legnth would be a good choice.
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dantheman- I shoot a Parker Feather Mag. Great bow, very quiet.

"The powers delegated by the proposed constitution to the federal governmentare few and defined, and will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace negotiation, and foreign commerce"
    -James Madison