In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

string loops

cloquetcloquet Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
I am thinking about putting a string loop on my bow. The store has metal loops also. They clip onto the string, and are held there by a couple of small bolts. Has anyone had any experience with these? Would I be better off with the string, or the metal? Are there any advantages to one or the other? Comments please.

Thomas E. Boyer

Comments

• COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    String is much better but harder to hook into....

I much rather just hooking directly to the main bow string
    much faster and on less thing to worry about........

just me two cents..........

We Live in a World of Give And Take, But A Lot Of People Won't Give What it Takes.
  • rg666rg666 Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The clamp on ones are ok but the string type are better. They also allow you to extend the life of your string. Once the loop is worn out you can get another one installed. If you use your release to directly connect to the string you would need to replace the whole string once it gets worn. rg
  • jokor3jokor3 Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    IF YOU USE THE STRING LOOP YOU MAY CONSIDER SHORTENING YOUR DRAW LENGTH AS THE STRING ADDS THAT MUCH MORE LENGTH. THE AMOUNT DEPENDS ON THE LOOP SIZE. ALSO USE NOKS TO KEEP STRING IN PLACE AND GIVE YOU THE DESIRED REFERENCE POINT IN CASE YOU EVER NEED TO REPLACE THE LOOP.
  • jokor3jokor3 Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    IF YOU USE THE STRING LOOP YOU MAY CONSIDER SHORTENING YOUR DRAW LENGTH AS THE STRING ADDS THAT MUCH MORE LENGTH. THE AMOUNT DEPENDS ON THE LOOP SIZE. ALSO USE NOKS TO KEEP STRING IN PLACE AND GIVE YOU THE DESIRED REFERENCE POINT IN CASE YOU EVER NEED TO REPLACE THE LOOP.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I have a metal clamp loop. I hate it. I'm definitly switching to string this season.
  • gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    I've tried the metal loops before and didn't like then, have been using a string loop now for the last 2 years and like it a lot better but like someone else said it will make your draw length longer
  • cloquetcloquet Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the input. I have been putting my release on the string and the serving was really wearing, so I had it reserved and a string loop tied on. So far I really like it.
  • cloquetcloquet Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the input. I have been putting my release on the string and the serving was really wearing, so I had it reserved and a string loop tied on. So far I really like it.
  • excaliburexcalibur Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    well to solve all the problems just get yourself a string release. The rope or the metal loops slow the bow down by 5 to 13 fps. Just a litte bit of advise.