In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

bow value

probables_flameprobables_flame Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
I was in a Bass Pro shop and looked at recurved bows. I was amazed that they were asking $400 to $500. I have a Ben Pearson varsity 7120
that I may try to sell. It is in excellent condition and has a 30# pull @ 28". What should I ask? I would be happy with $150.

Comments

• probables_flameprobables_flame Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My grandfather gave me a Bear compound bow, l'm selling it & want opinions on how much it'd be worth w/ about a dozen arrows & a 2 pin sight.
    edited November -1
    What is a blackwidow recurve worth? does it have any value?
  • gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    a little more info would be nice , like what model is it and its conditions, what are the arrows thing along those lines
    edited November -1
    Sorry, it's a Bear Whitetail Hunter, in excellent condition, I have about 6 aluminium arrows w/ practice heads & 4-5 fiberglass practice arrows, also a 2 pin sight. It's a coppery color, glittery finish, like a bass boat sort of.
  • Ice-PickIce-Pick Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is it a single cam or double ? thats the little gear that the string runs on, on each end...if you didn't know..savin reply space lol,i am not knowing how old it would be either from the name...sry but it should also have the draw strength and the amount of pull i could reach...for example most deer hunting rules state that you need a min. 40-45lbs draw weight to kill a deer and I myself have a 32" pull..is that also all the gear u have on it no doink or string quietners, a case ??? But it should ...either way in can atlest 100 and i would say close to that in the states unless it has other things on it...post a reply i check this site out quite a bit.But states prices are not so good for me..lol.later

Edited by - Ice-Pick on 09/02/2002 17:22:13
  • gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    probables : I can't say about your area but around where i live that would be about a $50 to 70 bow, its just very hard to move them older bow even thru they still shoot just fine every one one the newes and hottest thing on the market, bow around here are a lot like computers take them home and within the year they are worth about 80% of what you paid for them, if you grandfather was close to you I would think about keeping it in his menory
  • reel-guyreel-guy Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like an older Whitetail. Does it have bracket mounted wheels?? They had that copper finish. Can't imagine they are worth much. Very slow with multiple wheels.
  • kotakota Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You will be lucky to get $50 out it. Old compounds don't hold their value. The $1000 dream bow of three years ago can now easily be had for $250-$300 or less. Latest & greatest with the most speed and gadgets is what's in demand

Kota

Aim Small, Miss Small

Edited by - kota on 10/01/2002 11:39:50
  • 6MMX2846MMX284 Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would say $50. I see those in bow shops and every week we get a weekly redneck, the paper you advertise for free in and they make a killing off of selling it to those of us looking for a deal, you know the one you might have on your desk or in your truck, been there, I am there every week! I see those all the time for $50 and have picked up others along the same lines for $10-40. at yard sales. Just my 2 cents.

Bow Formula

Todays Bow two years from now = worthless, its really simple once you have seen how the formula works.

Have a nice day...swishman

In God We Trust...All Others Cash!