In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hoyt Magnatec riser cracked

theprincetheprince Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
I bought a Hoyt Magnatec bow three weeks ago and shot it the first time yesterday. I was looking the bow over and found that there are two places on the riser that the paint is cracked. I cannot tell if the riser itself is cracked. I called the store where I purchased it from and they said Hoyt would replace the riser - just a matter of removing the old one and putting on the new one. My question is: Do you think this is acceptable (just like brand new) or should I insist on a different bow? I am a new hunter so I need guidance. THANKS!!

Comments

• danski26danski26 Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just got a razortec and thought I had the same problem. When I took the new bow out of the box I gave it a good look-over and found a crack in the riser. I think the nieghbors heard me yell and cursing Hoyt. After I settled down I looked again this time even more closely. I found it was only a crack in the paint. The paint is an applicaie (dont know if I spelled it right) type. Almost like a high tech sticker. It can give the appereance of a crack. I went to my pro-shop and found the same suspect crack on another new Hoyt. So this could be a common thing.

Take yours to a shop and have them look at it to see if it is actually cracked. If it is Hoyt will replace it. Post if it is actually cracked please. I am interested in hearing your findings.

danski
  • theprincetheprince Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did bring it to my local sporting goods store - not the store where I purchased it from. They did not determine if it was a crack or not. However they said don't even use it - it can be very dangerous. I'll let you know the outcome. THANKS!