In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

to quiet g2xl

jagjag Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
any bow specific "tips" on quieting a buckmasters g2xl? didn't think it was to bad 'til i starting shooting with some who had bowtechs, they're pretty smooth and quiet! anyway, i have some vibration, removed all accesories possible and still have it??? i do have string leaches and limb savers in addition to the built in riser dampners. any buckmasters shooters?

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jag
    any bow specific "tips" on quieting a buckmasters g2xl? didn't think it was to bad 'til i starting shooting with some who had bowtechs, they're pretty smooth and quiet! anyway, i have some vibration, removed all accesories possible and still have it??? i do have string leaches and limb savers in addition to the built in riser dampners. any buckmasters shooters?
    Saw the lims in half and buy a mathews[}:)][:D]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
  • jagjag Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    buckey-sounds like something i'd say! bang- friend of mine has that, likes it. curious how much it may change fps, we're gonna chrony soon..let ya know
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    buckey-sounds like something i'd say! bang- friend of mine has that, likes it. curious how much it may change fps, we're gonna chrony soon..let ya know

Please do. Does he have anything on the string? I have the STS and nothing on the string but have not Chronoed.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From what I have read on AT, it seems they only add 1-2 fps if that. They do seem to work though, much like mathews supressors up near the cams.
    edited November -1
    we'll do the chrono thing this w/e. just got back from shooting after making some mods, it was the sight-coppper john-pretty "twangy" rest. added some boogie rigged rubber and it worked pretty good! may have to market the idea...
    edited November -1
    hey shoff, chronied w/without sts-no noticeable difference either way. here is another odd situation i bought some quickspin arrows, they also flew 6-8" low. with only 2+ inch vanes weight not really an issue. must be contacting rest? thats why the wraps and vanes also shot much lower than my feathers? they should be spining my broadheads as fast as my offset feather, so thats probably not it? oh yea, with field points-fly same as feathers. thing is, can't see how/where contact could be....
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hey shoff, chronied w/without sts-no noticeable difference either way. here is another odd situation i bought some quickspin arrows, they also flew 6-8" low. with only 2+ inch vanes weight not really an issue. must be contacting rest? thats why the wraps and vanes also shot much lower than my feathers? they should be spining my broadheads as fast as my offset feather, so thats probably not it? oh yea, with field points-fly same as feathers. thing is, can't see how/where contact could be....

baby powder/foot spray, and quickspins are about 10 grains heavier then any other feather/vane out there.