In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sereated Broadhead ?'s

john in jaxjohn in jax Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
Hey guys I'm the guy who is just getting back into bow hunting after 20 years away - - lots of stuff has changed.

The broadheads I liked way back then were Gametracker (serrated) Terminators. They were awesome - - at one point I was practicing "quick shots", a shot went low and disintegrated one of the 8" concrete blocks I had holding up the target. The arrow was "S" shaped and the broadhead was broken., BUT I don't thing a .357 mag would have broken that block up anymore than that arrow did.

From way back then I remember the hype/marketing claiming that the serration helped the blade slice easily through even bone.

I had to look really hard to find these same broadheads, and noticed that there just weren't that many FULLY serrated broadheads available - - why not?

Comments

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The "hype" of a serrated blade is the fact that you supposedly don't get a smooth cut, hence the wound is less likely to close allowing for better blood trails. This is one of the several ideas about serrated blades. I don't believe this. The arrow is flying so fast that you are not going to see serrated edge on the wound, it will more likely still be a smooth surface.

Personally I want the sharpest blade I can find that will fly as true as true can get.

Do a search on this, I think we had a discussion once about these.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I might have 2 of them dinosaurs 145 gr..
  • Options
    FANNINFANNIN Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Steel Force makes a version of them. Go to www.steelforce.com