In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Heart Broken

thunderstick82thunderstick82 Member Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
Hadn't been in my stand 10 min saturday morn when I hear something walking beside me. Look up and there's a big bodied deer standing broad side at 15 yards. It was bout 6:45 so it wasn't quit light enough to get a shot. I started standing up slowly. He turned and started walkin directly toward my stand which wasn't good cause he was higher on the ridge than my tree so we were almost level. He (I say he but it was too dark to see if it had horns or not) got 10 yard away and froze.. as did I... mid standing. I held this position for what seemed like two minutes. He finally ran back up the ridge into a pine thicket. I stood the rest of the way up and grabbed my bow and gave a few grunts toward him. He slowly walked back out of the thicket and made circle a behind me at about 45 yard out. Once he got down wind of me he snorted and ran up the other side of the ridge. RATS!!!!!! Hate i didn't get a shot but man was that awesome!! Thought my heart was gonna leap out at him!! That was my first bow "experience". Have decided that I'm not pickin up my gun this year til I've taken one with my bow. My regret it later but that was just too much fun!!

Comments