In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Scored!.....Vealison.....

DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
Small doe, Turned its head back to lick its back and I let it fly and nailed it in the neck. Really didnt want to take one that small but we're out of meat and it looked bigger in the brush[:I]...I'll take some pic's tomarrow and get the film developed and get them posted soon. XT now officially broke in![8D]

Now I can rack hunt!

Comments

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    mmmm...vealison...[^] how far? any buck sign?

congrats.

Ben
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats and welcome to the club... I got one earlier this year.
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats! Just a few short long days and I'll be in a tree!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    35 yards from the base of my tree-sand. It was quartering to me in some brush and I didnt want to shoot it. I saw the head go back to bite or lick itself and it presented a better target, I drew,focused and released. It dropped on the spot. I had to finish it with my knife.{not-fun at all}Almost got my azs-kicked to death... Now I really understand "Ground-Shrinkage" too...[;)] I used Crimson-Tusker 2 blade broad-head. One of the blades was broken off and the other mangled from hitting the neck-bone and stopping on the inside of the shoulder-blade...I think I'm going to switch brands after that. They fly very true for me but If they dont hold up, I'm not going to use them any more...Too bad I have 5 left huh!?!
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Rat
    Stories like yours make me love my Muzzy broadheads all that much more. I am well aware they could fail too, but they have not yet. I would recommend them to anyone.
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DR now that you have some meat you can go after that P&Y BUCK.[:p]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    The XT is broke in, thats great! Hope to get mine broke in soon.

congrats Yo!
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Congrats! I saw 3 but no shots....[:(]
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    congrats tender vittles....[;)] Oh yea nice shot were you aiming there or accident My bro did that same thing two years ago with that big buck..any way dead is dead.[;)]
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hey, congrats on the clean kill.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mmm, you going to have us all over for a fresh cook out?
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    mmm, you going to have us all over for a fresh cook out?

I'll bring some charcoal and beer.[:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hsracer201

[B)][B)][B)]
    Clean!?!...Hardly...
    I've had to put finishing shots in deer before with a gun, but slicing ones throat is NOT FUN. I didnt think shooting another arrow into it would be very effective on killing it quickly. I got kicked a few times but I had plenty of clothes on and it never connected really good...I got lucky....In a way, I'm glad it was a small one![;)]...PETA would have LOVED to film that....
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DIRTYRAT

[B)][B)][B)]
    Clean!?!...Hardly...
    I've had to put finishing shots in deer before with a gun, but slicing ones throat is NOT FUN. I didnt think shooting another arrow into it would be very effective on killing it quickly. I got kicked a few times but I had plenty of clothes on and it never connected really good...I got lucky....In a way, I'm glad it was a small one![;)]...PETA would have LOVED to film that....

I had one that I spined one time so I walked up to it trying to decide what to do, decided to stick it with another arrow, she actually died rather quickly. I was very suprised.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    quote:Originally posted by DIRTYRAT

[B)][B)][B)]
    Clean!?!...Hardly...
    teel me she diddent BAAAAAAAAAA[:(]

I had one that I spined one time so I walked up to it trying to decide what to do, decided to stick it with another arrow, she actually died rather quickly. I was very suprised.