In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New Recurve Bow!!

Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
Hey all,

Not sure how many of you still hunt with recurve bows, seems to be becoming a lost art, but I was just wondering how many of you still do. I had used a recurve from the time i started shooting bow(around 7 or so) till when I stopped around 13 or 14. Although, I had never actually hunted with my bow I was a pretty decent shot. Anyways, I have shot on and off over the years and after going out to the range recently, decided that it was time for a new bow and that I was going to start hunting. I am retiring my old Ben Pearson and have a PSE Kudu on order. With practice every day, I am hoping to get out hunting towards the end of bow season this year. Sorry to bother you all with this story, but I am so excited that I had to tell somebody and my girlfriend doesn't seem to care[:)]

Comments

• Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jon
    Congrats on the purchase! I have a lot of respect for anyone good enough with traditional equipment. I do not shoot traditional, only because I don't have one. Maybe someday I will change that. Good luck with your new bow.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    congrats on the new stick! Let us know how it shoots and keep us updated on your progress and hunts.

Oh and welcome to the crazy side of life[:D]
  • Options
    dbain99dbain99 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Although I have a Fred Bear 48, I am not near good enough to hunt with it. It is a blast to shoot but Im not to the point where I feel confident. Maybe after another thousand arrows it might come to me.
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just thought I would let you know the bow has arrived and I have completed the setup and bought me some brand new easton arrows! Will hopefully get out to began shooting this weekend and hopefully with practicing as much as possible, I will be back to accurate form by the middle to near end of bow season.