In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ouch!

surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
Went out last night shot a 130ish 8 pointer [:D],,,,But the OUCH! part I came back in town to get help "1 hour" later we head back out fallowing the blood trail and come up on a gut pile.[}:)]
Who ever was there musta had a climber for a stand because there was none in sight..Owell I hope they have some good eating.

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    nothing worse than a thief.[:(!]

Ben
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Friends of mine have told me stories like that. Just for the record I never would. If anything I would help you or wait and guard it for you till you came back. Seriously

BTW what I think should happen to people like that...........well I plead the 5th.
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That really sucks! Sorry for the loss man.
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    that was one fine deer you shot down and he sure tasted real good. sorry you lost it hope they get sick and can't hunt anymore this season
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you are handling it much better than i could. i'd be all over town looking for someone showing off a deer and if i found them i'd shove the arrow you killed it with up their thieving *. i hate people like that. congrats on a good hunt, and a good shot, but i sure am sorry they took your deer. that sucks balls.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    OK [?] I think a lot of assumptions here. maybe your wounded deer ran by another hunter he shot it and it fell in front of him... I hate tio see someone labled as a theif unless you know its true.
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Sorry you lost your deer BUT... did you tag it before you left? Leave a number on it? Mark it with your name? Well if not then the person who came upon it and didnt see anyone around had every right to take your deer. Better to take a "lost" deer that someone gave up on ( I know this was not the case but how would they know?) then to leave the meat to rot. If you left the area without marking the deer.. well I hate to say it but it's your fault.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    Sorry you lost your deer BUT... did you tag it before you left? Leave a number on it? Mark it with your name? Well if not then the person who came upon it and didnt see anyone around had every right to take your deer. Better to take a "lost" deer that someone gave up on ( I know this was not the case but how would they know?) then to leave the meat to rot. If you left the area without marking the deer.. well I hate to say it but it's your fault. Sorry Too but I have to fully agree people who come upon a deer dont have a cryatal ball[;)] i know it sucks but tough lesson. can you feel the love[;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Sorry you lost your deer BUT... did you tag it before you left? Leave a number on it? Mark it with your name? Well if not then the person who came upon it and didnt see anyone around had every right to take your deer. Better to take a "lost" deer that someone gave up on ( I know this was not the case but how would they know?) then to leave the meat to rot. If you left the area without marking the deer.. well I hate to say it but it's your fault.

Sorry Too but I have to fully agree people who come upon a deer dont have a cryatal ball[;)] i know it sucks but tough lesson. can you feel the love[;)]
  • john in jaxjohn in jax Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, I never leave one out there, that's what radios and/or cell phones are for - - If you need help, hopefully they can come to you.

I hunt with some older (i.e. collecting social security) guys that have my home and cell numbers. They know that if they lay one down I'll be glad to come out and help them drag it out, hang it, and clean it. I'm a nice guy ;-)
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by john in jax
    Yep, I never leave one out there, that's what radios and/or cell phones are for - - If you need help, hopefully they can come to you.

I hunt with some older (i.e. collecting social security) guys that have my home and cell numbers. They know that if they lay one down I'll be glad to come out and help them drag it out, hang it, and clean it. I'm a nice guy ;-)

Yeah but you are too far away to do that for me....
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I went to get my brothers to help track,drag it out.
    that way it had a good 1/2 hour to die well it shoulda ben dead.
    So I didn't mark or tag the deer it was only 75 to 100 yards from my stand where we find the gut pile...
    And for a radio,cell we can't use them here thats a no no[B)]
    This is on pulic land so who knows who else was out there.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by surekill

So I didn't mark or tag the deer it was only 75 to 100 yards from my stand where we find the gut pile...

not able to use a cell phone or radio? Come on now I dont believe that for a second. Maybe you cant use one to aid hunting, like here in Ga, but I highly doubt that it is against the law to use a radio or cell to call for help.
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by surekill

not able to use a cell phone or radio? Come on now I dont believe that for a second. Maybe you cant use one to aid hunting, like here in Ga, but I highly doubt that it is against the law to use a radio or cell to call for help.

Ok NOW if I had them I probably would use them.And besides it's no big deal who ever got it just saved me from a short season[:D]
  • FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1