In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Muzzy Broadheads

Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
I use the muzzy 100gr. 3 blade broadhead. Here's muzzys new 3 blade for 2007. Bad to the bone?
http://www.muzzy.com/new_for_07.htm

Comments

• DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd say Muzzy has the toughest broadhead on the market. The fixed 3 blade 100 grainers are truly "Bad to the bone". Chuck Adams shot an elk one time using a Muzzy and it went through the beast into a large rock cliff and held together. I shot through a whitetail once into a rockpile and sparks flew everywhere from impact, but the Muzzy was intact. I screwed on a new trocar tip and new blades and kept using it. [8D]
  • NOTPOSTALNOTPOSTAL Member Posts: 311 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot the 3 blade 100 gr. also, so what is the difference between that and the MX-3?
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NOTPOSTAL
    I shoot the 3 blade 100 gr. also, so what is the difference between that and the MX-3?

I believe it's the blade thickness .025" and the cutting diameter is 1-1/8" for the MX-3 vs 1-3/16" standard. I think?
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I'm sticking with my origional 3 blade 100gr MUZZY's[;)]
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use the 125 grain, bigger, heavier, harder hitting on impact. I just shoot better with 125 grain, can't shoot a lighter head then that?