In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

walk in cooler

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
I'm gonna give it a try building a walk in cooler so i can have aplace to keep deer will allow me to shoot deer say on a sunday late arternoon i can just feild dress and tossin the walk in till I have time to do it up thinking about buying all the right process equipment also... dont know on that yet gotta get prices. any I deas welcome. Oh yea I have done AC hvac some years ago so I should be ok on that end.. If i have not destroyed those brain cells yet.

Comments

• gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    David has experience with that stuff. If you like I will have him get on here and give ya some pointers. He is gone for 4 days though. Look around at the restaurant supply stores and any rests that are closing down. You can seomtimes pick up a decent WIC for cheap. If the cooler part is not working even better! You can actually run them off a normal Electric Heat Pump. One of our local bars even has one like that as a beer cooler!
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Actually we have one here at work that keeps the room at 36* they havent used it in years. they use the room but not the cooling system gonna see if they will let me have it... wont know till next week.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    It would sure be handy to have one. The freakin processing prices went up again.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    It would sure be handy to have one. The freakin processing prices went up again.
    yea I hate cutting up deer but thats because we always did it by hand gonna look at gettting all the right equip about 4 of us hunt here at work and a few outside so it would be cool. looking at floors wth drains. sink hamburg sasuage machine bandsaw slicer.

Like last night I maybe would have shot the doe so I could just feild dress throw in the cooler till I have time to do it... takes the pressure off plus to buy one NOT CHEAP.. can get 80 % of materials for free wood ect should only have to buy the foamboard insulation....
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have 1 off a old truck works great
  • KrisWKrisW Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cabelas sells them. You could prolly find some type of set up from a refer as stated.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    A very well insulated room and a small air conditioner is all we use. Works fine, we normally keep it right around 40 and the air conditioner doesn't even run much.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    A very well insulated room and a small air conditioner is all we use. Works fine, we normally keep it right around 40 and the air conditioner doesn't even run much.

yea but we want to go all the way with the processing equip stainless tables be able to hose the floor ect ... still kicking it around wont help much this year unless we get on it real quick,