In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BOW HUNTING OHIO

davis shootingdavis shooting Member Posts: 85 ✭✭
GOING TO OHIO IN OCT FOR BOW HUNT.HAS ANYBODY HAD ANY LUCK IN OHIO.HUNTING GEURNSEY COUNTY

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    ohio huh?

Yeah, I'll tell you something real interesting about hunting in ohio.

Nobody with my expertise ever had a reason to leave illinois.

sorry. I'm no help.

Ben
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I believe Suspension is from OHIO maybe he will see this thred and respond. I have looked into OHIO and there are some real good deer in the state but like anywhere else depends where in the state and I have no Idea, best of luck post some pix when ya get back.
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    Nope, but had good luck hunting gurnsey cattle.[:D][;)]
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hell I am from Ohio and don't even know where that county is. My guess would be southeast.

Warren County has been known for some big bucks. The beatty buck (non typical world record) and another buck that is or will be in the top ten typicals in the world. All shot with in a few miles of each other.

I hunt in Logan and Auglaize county. Which is in the west central part of the state.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    its located just south of zansville. south east ohio[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by davis shooting
    its located just south of zansville. south east ohio[8D]

That would be in hilly country. Although, Logan county has the highest point in Ohio, how that happened I don't know??
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live up in NE Ohio,Ashtabula Co. Never been to Guernsey Co. I think Suspension is from Tuscawarus Co? He might be some help to ya.

If you want a really nice scoring buck, get an "Urban" permit and hunt on the outskirts of a city, get you one of them "Bird-Feeder-Bucks"[;)] I've seen some beaut's running along the highways in the cities up north...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    the outfitter im going with has land in tuscawarus county also.so mabee suspension can give me an ideal what kind of deer i can expect
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I'm from Tuscarawas county, it borders Guernsey county on the northern side.
    You hunting Salt Fork State park area? It's a lot of public ground with plenty of rabbits and grouse, lotsa deer too, but I've never seen or heard of many high class bucks coming from around there. Guernsey produces a lot of good bucks though, private land in my opinion. Off the top of my head I'm thinking Guernsey usually comes in around 6,000 deer harvested for a year. Check out the Ohio DNR website.
    If your outfitter has access to private farm land in Coshocton county then tell him to take you there instead, lot better chance at a big boy. I'll try checking back soon, but will be leaving before long and returning after labor day.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    SUSPENSION THANKS FOR THE INFO.FROM WHAT THE OUTFITTER TELLS ME HE HAS LAND IN CAMBRIGE AND PRIVATE FARM TUSCARAWAS COUNTY JUST ACROSS THE BOADER.WHAT DOES THE AVE DEER SCORE IN YOUR COUNTY
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Here's one I got in Guernsey county in 1999
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/Suspension/DeerJ1999-d.jpg
    This one was in Tuscarawas county in 2002
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/Suspension/2002DeerJ3.jpg

Personally I'd rather see you hunt around Cambridge rather than in Tuscarawas. [;)][:D][:D], but that's just me. [:D]
    I have no idea what an average Ohio buck would score, 120's maybe.
    I would have one suggestion for you, leave the cambridge/salt fork area before shotgun season comes in for November. You'll never see more orange and lead in the same place at once, pretty scary.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    suspensions. thanks for your in put .both bucks are nice bucks.im hunting the last week in oct, so ill be long gone before gun season.thanks agian
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by davis shooting
    suspensions. thanks for your in put .both bucks are nice bucks.im hunting the last week in oct, so ill be long gone before gun season.thanks agian

Thats a great time to hunt Ohio. Last week of Oct. and first week of Nov.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i hope last week in oct is in ohio .first week in nov,iwill be in montana[}:)]
  • Options
    ryan_marineryan_marine Member Posts: 635
    edited November -1
    I know a place in Knox county that has at least 4 different 10pt bucks on it and is in less than a 300acr area. And no it is not high fenced.

Ray
  • Options
    grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to hunt right on the corner of Guernsey and Belmont at Piedmont lake, saw some nice deer. Public hunting was NO fun. Hunted some in Tuscarawas by Beach City backwaters/Dundee, not many big deer, but alot of them, NO fun on public land. Hunt in Stark county all the time now, nice mix of deer on private land. Got a picture from behind the house of a 14 pt that would look nice on my fireplace, but he hasn't made the mistake of showing himself in the daylight....yet.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    7 days untill i go to ohio