In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

any buckmasters g2xl shooters?

jagjag Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
setting up a new bow(tribute), and the 27" draw seems to be shorter than my g2xl 27" draw. i've tripled checked the mod #'s/draw lengths, thats ok. i'm guessing the buss cable and strings may have stretched a bit. is measuring axle length an accurate way to check if this happened? i don't know what it was previous, but i do know what its listed as, is that accurate? what else could i do? if i twist to shorten buss cable, do i need to shorten string? how much? i know this is asking a lot so thanks for any help!
just in case your wondering, i'm keeping the g2xl as backup, still shoots well.....

Comments

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ATA isn't an accurate way to check due to the fact that ATA for manufactures is just a refrence point. I am not familar with the Binary cam, to give you much advise. However, I would start by putting a twist or two in the string. Since its new, you shouldn't have much trouble with the strings stretching. Those Winner Choice strings seem to be pretty tough. THere is also a chance, like most manufactures that the bow isn't really in tune when you bought it. Unfortunately lots of people (read pro shops) think that these binary cams or all hybrid type cams are always in tune. This is comlpetely and utterly wrong. If your ATA is off by more then an inch, I would try to get it closer to spec. I like to be with in 1/4" on my hoyts, they seem to shoot better for me on the high side of the ata.
  • Options
    jagjag Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    shoff, sorry, i wasn't to clear. its the g2xl i'm trying to possibly shorten, thats a pwc. not the tribute. thanks
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you have shot it awhile, then yes, I would twist the buss cable up a few. But i don't have a clue what the cams are on those things.