In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

switchback xt vs. bowtech tribute

jagjag Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
sure there is lots of opinions out there and this isn't meant to be a pissin' contest. i'm curious who has shot BOTH of these, which they liked better and why...thinking of gettin' one of 'm. also thinking i should wait a couple of months to see what they got for '07. anyone know?

Comments

• dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jag
    I have shot both and between thoes I would take the Switchback XT. The only one I like better than the XT is the Trykon. If you have not tried it, you should before you make a decision.

Now with that said, I have heard there are some great things coming for 2007. It may be worth your while to wait and see what is new. The price of the models you mentioned may even go down with the new items on the market.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Personally I love the grip of the tribute. Don't like the switchback to much. Don't own either, to rich for my blood.
  • jagjag Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks guys, i'll probably wait unless i come across an offer i can't refuse! i agree w/dsco. it seems weird but i'll buy a new gun with hardly any justification, and i have several. but my bow, which is what i use BY FAR the most i use for 5 plus years. now shooting buckmasters g2xl. had my pse thunderbolt for 5 years prior to that and a golden eagle for 10 years before that. these damn bows are like computers, 2-3 yrs old, they're dinosours!
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I have shot both, bought the XT but very much liked the tribute. You can't go wrong with either one.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    I have shot both, bought the XT but very much liked the tribute. You can't go wrong with either one.
    Both real nice bows pick the one you like the best. the ony difference for me is when you trade up If things stay as they are now the mathews will be worth more . is it worth buying the bow you like second best NO ... I would also shoot a Ross heard a lot of great things.
    edited November -1
    True, Mathews holds there value real nice like. I was very suprised what I got for my Q2 on fleabay.
    edited November -1
    well, i got the offer i couldn't refuse, bought a tribute. they seem to be holding up well on resale. my buddies is SOOOOO quiet! fast and accurate also, hope mine tunes well....
    edited November -1
    Pictures please! [:D]
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Awsome best wishes with the new bow...
    edited November -1
    thanks buckey, bang- you want pics of my bow?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jag
    thanks buckey, bang- you want pics of my bow?

Yep!