In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BUMMING OUT update

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
Shot a big doe last night. it was about 6:00pm 2o yards. doe ranoff luminok worked great glowing away arrow in the ground where deer was standing. took out biniculars looked at arrow coved with blood tip to nock. I expected to hear the deer crash . I diddent, waited about 20 min . It was getting dark fast started to blood trail bright red. spot here spot there pretty easy to follow. Then needed flashlight . the search continued. seveal spots about 6" round puddle of bright red blood. then the trail became more difficult spot here spot there. then almost nothing down to specks of blood then no blood. It was now 7:30 Flash light started to dim. no deer[:(][:(]. Feeeling real bad. I have to go to work in the morning but my boss is going to let me leave for a couple of hours I am going back to last blood to see what I can find . if nothing I will do a grid search. Then thats it hope shes bleeding inside and not far. hit felt real good arrow soaked with blood may have hit high is my guess. I did put the pin right on should have perhaps aimed a little lower . I am so sick.. I hate this part of hunting. almost wish I never shot wish me luck..[:I]

No luck went where I had last blood last night raing hard went into real thick stuf walked and cralled all the runs in the area for 100 yards or so no sign at all. Oh well tried. I feel better that I made the effort at least to go. i just hope she lives or I see her again and get a second chance . I saw 9 deer there last night...

Comments

• Options
    davis shootingdavis shooting Member Posts: 85 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck.Hope it doesnt take long to find[:)]
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    good luck buckey. unfortunately, tha's the bad side to bowhunting. some times you get the elevator, sometimes you get the shaft. either way, don't let yourself get down about it. you seem like a very ethical hunter, and at least you care that you can't find her, so that means more than you realize. but i hope you find her. g'luck.
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    Good luck. Hope you find her.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    Raining this morning . still gonna leave work and at least do grid search of area who know might get lucky
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Raining this morning . still gonna leave work and at least do grid search of area who know might get lucky

That sucks. You are doing the right thing.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I would guess she didn't go to far. Good luck, wish I could help search.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    I would guess she didn't go to far. Good luck, wish I could help search.
    leaving now will repot when i get back ... It's Raining hard out[V]
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    its been a little over an hour and a half...any luck?
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Well man at least you tried.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yea rainining hard supposed to clear tonite I will hit it tomorrow morning saw 9 last night but no Bucks. If I want some veal I think the doe bleat will work she had two from last year with her.[;)]

Thanks all for the support it is appricisted.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No problem. We've all been there. Altought it is hard you just got to put it behind ya.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No problem. We've all been there. Altought it is hard you just got to put it behind ya.
    I know wont be the last time. sucks I havent lost an animal in a long time.. well that knocks us down a peg when we get cockey.[;)]
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It happens - and we all know how you feel. Get back in the saddle.
    I am going out in the a.m. to test out the new Browning !!
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought about throwing in some type of insult for some of the "Doughnut eating hoytboy" comments, but I figure that you're down enough on yourself. Hey, we've all been there and done that. It sux but that's part of our lifestyle. Hang in there and go get another one to build your confidence.

NAH!!!! I gotta!!! You would have gotten it had you been shooting a HOYT!!!!![:D][:o)][:D] I told you in the other thread that I've got some poop to sling now!!![:D]