In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

varmint calls

hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
does anyone here have any experience with a varmint call? i want to call in yotes and foxes. any recommendations?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Thats what I use. I have had luck with it. some people say they suck but that has not been my experience. The last one I shot I saw out in the field while I was working on my house. So I got the gun and call, turned it on, took'im 20 min. but he finally got there so I put the hammer down and picked up the high velocity lead injector.

Down south we called in a bunch of them from a long way out...til someone pulled in the drive then they were gone.
  • Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't need no stinking varmint call...[;)] I looked out the back door this morning at 11am and there's one coming across the yard. I somehow missed the first shot at about 35 yards but, put the second one behind the shoulder, trotting away, at about 100 yards with my Marlin 917V. I was drinking coffee and wearing only a pair of camo boxers! [:D] Now that...is coyote hunting. [:p]
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Lmbhngr
    I don't need no stinking varmint call...[;)] I looked out the back door this morning at 11am and there's one coming across the yard. I somehow missed the first shot at about 35 yards but, put the second one behind the shoulder, trotting away, at about 100 yards with my Marlin 917V. I was drinking coffee and wearing only a pair of camo boxers! [:D] Now that...is coyote hunting. [:p]

I can't even legally shoot a pellet gun or my bow in my back yard.[:(!][:(!][:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks for the replies. i might give it a whirl. i dunno tho, big gun auction tomorrow, so i might be broke for a while [:(]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    quote:Originally posted by Lmbhngr

I can't even legally shoot a pellet gun or my bow in my back yard.[:(!][:(!][:(!]

That stinks..what we do in my backyard

deanAK.jpg

dog9.jpg