In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Okie update

Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well it is another hunting season . I have seen several does one was really big. I have seen a couple of bucks looked to be in the six to eight pointer range . I haven't had any thing close to shoot at except a little bitty doe.
Last weekend was the start of muzzleloader season and the first morning I had one come in and put his pop up blind 20yrds. From my stand. He evidently had done no scouting and just plopped himself in the woods hoping for the best. He did good. I have a scrape 30 & 60yrgs from my stand . I have a photo of it and he has been back since I took the pic. There was a doe track in it also .

I plan to get out this weekend again ,but with my promotion at work it may take some time away from my hunting. Not to much though they know how cranky I get if I can't go sit in a tree in the woods . I have been working with a couple of new bow hunters teaching them what little I know. Herb has come close to getting a shot already and has never seen deer while gun hunting or been 30yrds. from one in a blind on the ground. If nothing else this season that alone is pretty cool.

A couple of weeks ago I had a bullet fly about ten feet over my head. I guy and his kid were out just shooting up the woods . What a dumb @$$. I yelled out ,got down found them and chewed @$$. The guy said he was so sorry that they didn't think anyone else was out there . I let him know among other things that there are three access points to the place and numerous homes on the boundary ,including mine and he should never assume anything and should take a hunter education coarse with his son. I was pi$$ed but was proud of myself for pointing out gun safety rules in a polite and stern manner when I really wanted to bust him up side his head. After all the bullet cut leaves out of the tree I was sitting in.

If my only goal was to kill something I would give up hunting . The peace of the woods and just taking it all in is why I go, and will until my legs won't carry me any more. Then I'll get my son to carry me out there.[:D]

An Okie update.[:o)]

Anotherstupidcatphoto001.jpg

Comments

• ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    did you take his gun and wrap it around a tree for him idoits like that sure don't need to be teaching their kids how to hunt glad your ok btw did you need a new pair of undies
  • Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My friends thought I was crazy they had guns and I didn't. I was pi$$ed and let him know it. His boy had his head down thru the whole lecture..quote:Originally posted by ladyhunter
    did you take his gun and wrap it around a tree for him idoits like that sure don't need to be teaching their kids how to hunt glad your ok btw did you need a new pair of undies
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Glad your ok and enjoying the woods. Nice to see ya around btw haven't seen ya in a while.[;)]
  • Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bang I read you guys alot.I just don't respond much.Just like lurking in the shadows. BOOOOO![}:)]quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Glad your ok and enjoying the woods. Nice to see ya around btw haven't seen ya in a while.[;)]