In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Havent seen a thing

gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
the last 3 times I have been out. Of course I really didnt expect to see much yesterday with 2 guys going around shooting tree rats. We ran out to some public land and I have never seen so many people in there. Oh well.... I cant go out again until tomorrow... keeping fingers crossed.

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Were you and hubby coming to Illinois this year or was that next. I remember something about an outfitter you were looking at but dont recall when.
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Were you and hubby coming to Illinois this year or was that next. I remember something about an outfitter you were looking at but dont recall when.

Well I found an outiftter in Maine that does Red Stag at a good $. We are trying to work in a week of vacation so we can go. Work has been slamming so I dont know when I can do it. I just got another 10 appraisals in this morning. (from one client). They give 10% off if there are 4 or more.

http://www.mainesafari.com/hunts.htm

Red Stag is one thing I have always dreamed of hunting. I have 2 going... anyone here want to go?
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gagirl that's a pretty good outfitter. Nice prices to boot. Maine is very nice country. Plus if your close to the coast you can get some great Maine lobster too.[:p][:D]
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    gagirl that's a pretty good outfitter. Nice prices to boot. Maine is very nice country. Plus if your close to the coast you can get some great Maine lobster too.[:p][:D]

Well I am trying to get some info on available dates. I have read and heard really good things about them. I think I am going to see if we can go for red stag ASAP. I am also interested in a bear hunt!
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    The only shot I've had has been a doe and a fawn standing right in front of my jeep at 35 yards. I didn't take it, because with my luck, I would have hit my jeep somewhere important.

Ben
  • john in jaxjohn in jax Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The weather's been so hot and dry - - mid to upper 80's - - that nothing is moving. Bad year for me to jump back into bow hunting - - hopefully I'll do better next year.

A Maine hunt? Wow that does sound fun.