In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

For those that made fun of me and my job!

Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just thought I'd pass along that I qualified with my handgun today. We had to fire three passing scores on the state's course. Out of a possible 240 for each of the three rounds I fired (in this order) 240, 240, 239!!![;)] I had one bullet that was out by about a 1/4 inch![:(] None of the others in my class shot a perfect 240 let alone two! I was happy!

Now, give me my doughnut and one bullet![:D][:p][:0]

Comments

• Options
    Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good shooten Barney OOOOPS I mean slash.[:D]
  • Options
    47studebaker47studebaker Member Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations, I always qualified but never with a perfect round. I only realized a short time ago that you are LEO, guess it's fitting you and I are partners, put in 26.5 years with PA State Police, retired in 1999. [:D]
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good shooting,and thats not bad for a hoyt guy.[;)]
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Way to go slash.[8D]
    For the tie breaker do they make you shoot through the doughnut hole till one guy misses[?][:D][:D]
    BTW your better than me. Yesterday it took me 8 shots to down 2 geese with my 12ga.[B)]
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    good job slash, we might joke w/you a bit, but we aren't sreiously making fun of you. i think anyone that goes in LE is cool in my book.
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our qualifiaction course was a total of 48 shots. Twelve at the 3, 7, 15, and 25 yard lines. The 12 at the 3 were 6 right hand only and 6 left hand only (no support hand). We drew and fired 2 rounds in 4 seconds. We were able to keep out weapons out but at a "low ready" position. Each of the folowoing two shots were also in 4 seconds. The 12 at the 7 were standing, strong hand with support in 20 seconds. (these were the "money makers") The 15 was 6 kneeling, strong hand, 6 standing strong hand both with support in 25 seconds. The 25 yard line were 6 left and 6 right hand "barricaded" using the other hand for support but we had 50 seconds. That was a ton of time. Most of our group shot around 200-220. Only a handful shot a course over 230 and no one else shot a 240![:D]

Thanks for all of the compliments and support. Yup, I know it's all in fun....[;)] Just don't come to my county or you may hear the phrase " press hard, 5 copies!"[:0][:o)]