In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

last minute advice before buying first bow

goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
Off to Cabelas this Friday to get set up with my first bow. Any last minute suggestions on what to look for and what to avoid in my first bow? Will be looking in the $300-$350 range since I am just getting started. They have a range there so I will try as many models as they let me try.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    After looking on Cabelas website, looks like my options are:

Fred Bear Element
    PSE Dakota SU
    PSE FireFlite 33 CF
    PSE Nova Extreme
    Reflex Excursion
    Reflex Highlander
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Let us know what you decide on and how it feels. With todays technology I'm sure any of those choices will work just fine.
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    The only one I have shot is the Fireflight. I liked it alright. Decent bow for the price.
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    any of those bows will work just fine. just make sure you put a QAD Ultra-Rest on it.

www.qadinc.com
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    go with either they are both made by hoyt Reflex Excursion
    Reflex Highlander
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks guys and gagirl...will keep that all in mind. I'll be checking out the QAD rest also. Thanks!!! I'll let everyone know what I choose when I get home.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tell us what the hell you got, come on we are waiting!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm not going to Cabelas until Sunday, I'll let everyone know then. My wife just informed me that I am only picking it out Sunday...she will not give it to me until Christmas...talk about torture!!!
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by goldeneagle76
    I'm not going to Cabelas until Sunday, I'll let everyone know then. My wife just informed me that I am only picking it out Sunday...she will not give it to me until Christmas...talk about torture!!!

Thats rough. Tell her she is cut off til you get the bow[:D]
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

Thats rough. Tell her she is cut off til you get the bow[:D]

[:D][:D][:D] Ya think that'll work[?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I know for a fact it will not work...women don't seem to mind getting cut off!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, I tried 3 bows at the range in Cabelas, all $300. The Reflex Excursion, PSE (can't remember the name) and the Fred Bear Element. Shot about 7-8 arrows from each. The Fred Bear was the better out of the three. Smoother draw, more quiet, felt the best. The Reflex may have been a little more balanced but the Bear was the winner in my book. Did not like the PSE much.
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    I know for a fact it will not work...women don't seem to mind getting cut off!!!

Boy she has you fooled!