In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    I always wear mine no matter if I am in a climber or a ladder stand. just the smart thing to do.
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I alway wear my harness. But we still have to be carefull while climbing before the harness is on.[B)]
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i never go up a tree with out one
  • Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always wear my safety harness . After all I get some of my best sleepin done up there. [:o)]I have fallen once climbing and my son fell and knocked himself out for a moment. That scared the 7734 out of me.
  • goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    Gets me wondering. I am about to get my first stand (Summit Viper), how is the harness that comes with the stand? Should a better one be purchased right away?
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by goldeneagle76
    Gets me wondering. I am about to get my first stand (Summit Viper), how is the harness that comes with the stand? Should a better one be purchased right away?

as long as the harness is not a 1 belt wrap around your chest type then you should be ok. The wrap around your chest kind can actually sufficate you by tightening your chest after you have fallen.
  • FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Using a serviceable safety harness is one of the best safety enhancement for tree stand hunters ... even better with a hunting buddy [^].
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by goldeneagle76

It comes with a seat of the pants harness, they are nice and fairly comfortable. BTW, You will freakin love the viper. Its sooooo comfortable.