In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

My hunting sucked last night!

Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
Okay, this title may be a little... Okay a LOT missleading, but I was hunting for a doe last night and only saw two bucks. One was a 1 1/2 year old 7 pointer and the other was at least a 2 1/2 y.o. 9 pointer that was about 16 inches wide. He was a couple inches wider than his ears! We did have a guy shoot a monster 10 pointer (pobably 150 class) Friday night. His arrow hit a limb and he put a POOR hit on the buck. WAY back in the gut and hind leg. He saw it run off with the arrow sticking out. He did the right thing and backed out and we looked for at least 2 hours yesterday. NOTHING found. No deer or arrow and only about 5 or 6 spots of blood in about 300 yards. [:(] We hope it's still alive but I'm not too optimistic about that.

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Man, I lost one this weekend too. It stinks!!! I was sure I had a good hit and we had good blood then it would get spotty then good again. We trailed for more than an hour and ran out of blood. There was 3 of us we fanned out and tryed to search that way and still didn't find him. I hate it in a bad way.[V]