In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

dang my shoulder is killing me

ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
went yesterday to sight in a new scope i can't believe that 270 kicks that damn bad the worst part is i can't get the scope to sight in shoots dead on at 50yrds but at 100 all over the paper i thought it was me but hubby couldn't hit with it either any ideas on what could be the problem

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    make sure the scope did not loosen up then shoot 50, 60, 70, 80 too 100 and see what happens sounds like the scope may be not tight enough. or try remmington, federal different loads and see what happens good luck. pull that gun tight too shoulder hun, and watch your eye on that scope put a nice ring around my eye once diddent feeel so good.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i learned my lesson about the scope and eyes at the young age of 12 what i don't understand is that it don't kick that bad when there is a nice deer in front of me. checked the rings they are tight
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is the base tight? Like Buckey said try diff ammo.Or you coulda just got a bad scope.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    think it is a bad scope using same base as old scope
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I doubt very much if the scope is bad because the scope does not know how far it is shooting and you are good at 50 yards, so 100 yards you should be either high or low not all over the place . check the scope base. if not better try different ammo.... or phone the scope manufacturer for tech support preferbley with cell phone when you are at the range ..[;)]
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    that's a very unique question. It is odd that your bullet is losing its stability @ 100yds. I'd ask if anybody has ever seen anything like that in the experts forum.

Ben
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What type of ammo are you shooting? What is the twist rate on you barrel? There are lots of things that could be going wrong.
    Sounds like you have eliminated the first to blame... the nut behind the trigger.[:D]
    If the optics are good and on securely, you need to look for a good load for your rifle. That is a practice that can take lots, or very little work. My friend's 270 did't shoot very well until I loaded him some custom rounds. Now it shoots under 3/4" at 100yds. The trick on his was 140gr Barnes bullets. Not a cheap round, but small when compared to the rest of the hunting expense.
    Good luck and keep me posted. I may have some suggestions, or could come up with a custom load (maybe with less recoil) that would work.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    got to looking at my brass when i went to 100 yrds hubby handed me his shells by mistake 150 gr hornadays instead of 130 feds that iwas shooting so maybe that was the problem going back this fri and try again