In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

curious

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm hunting over a scrape almost every time I'm out. But would it be a good idea to set my game trail camera over the scrape to catch the pic of this buck? That way if its just a little basketrack I won't be wasting my time lol. Just scared it might * him if it is a big one...any thoughts?

Comments

• Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't speak for others on here but that's the way me and all of my buddies set our cameras up this time of year. I had my camera on a scrape I made by taking a stick and scratching the ground under a good limb and had about 7 different bucks hit it in a two week period. I say go for it. [;)]
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep go for it. Be careful hunting the same stand every time will * deer.
  • jmsmithyjmsmithy Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    Yep go for it. Be careful hunting the same stand every time will * deer.

Big issue is same stand al the time, break it up, watch wind and whack 'em.[;)]
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I see less deer the more I hunt a specific stand. Trail cam is a good idea so you know what your after, but you should be able to tell if he's a dominant buck just from his scraps & rubs in the area.