In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Friday night.

Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have been busy this last couple of weeks at work and no time for hunting .Friday night I hurry home to set up my tree stand. By the time I get home and get my stand up it is dark. Today is the first day of gun season and I figure that , I'll have all those city slickers chasing the deer to me.
Well Friday night my wife cooks up a batch of store bought frozen shrimp scampi. It wasn't very good and this morning I woke up with a case of Scampi revenge. I will spare you the details.
It took me until 8 o'clock to recover let's say.

I get out to the woods finally. I hunt on public land and expect disruptions and intrusions from other hunters and it is no big deal. This morning however I get to my tree stand and there is a hunter in it.
He had his back to me as I entered and I got all the way to the tree and said excuse me but I would like to hunt out of my stand now. Scared him good. He like uh oh thought I would check it out here for a bit. We chatted for a minute and off he went.

Some people are just bold or have no since of ethics. I would never do something like that .I come across someone's portable stand I just move on and look for a site at a respectful distance at least a couple hundred yards away. I just don't get people anymore. It seems there is no respect. It is however public hunting land and you got to deal with all kinds out there.

Comments

• Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wild Okie I know exactly what you mean. We have a guy at work that actually goes through the fridge we keep our lunch in and eats other peoples food. Then he says "well it looked good and I just wanted to try some, I didn't know it was yours". Then has the gall to ask if I/we brought him some food. Then when we tell him no he asks why not?
    I'm totally serious here.
    It's a hurray for me type world now. Complete lack of consideration for anything.[xx(]