In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Does this seem right?

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
I printed out one of those score forms in the contest topic and tried practicing on what I had here.
This deer from 2002 scored 134-3/8 B & C:
2002DeerJ3.jpg
This deer from last year scored 82-2/8 B & C:
01072006007.jpg
Seems like I'm doing it right, but does those seem correct? I'm ready to start drinking because I always figured I had like a 150 class deer on the wall and now I don't anymore. This contest sucks now. [:D]
I'm scared to measure the one tomorrow, it'll be like mid 80's if I'm lucky, maybe I should drink again tomorrow morning then measure it. [;)]

Comments

• Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The score looks to about right on the 2nd pic,sorry not much there[B)].... but I woulda shoot him also.

Did you try the scoreing off the web page it will calc. it for you.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Drinking helps increase the size somehow. I would drink first then measure.
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

Almost did, but we measured it around 8 saturday morning. That afternoon a buddy of mine measured and we'd been tipping a few for a while, I liked his score a lot better. [:D]
  • Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

Uhhhhh...that what she said. Bwaaaaaahahahahahahaa...[:D]
    Sorry Bang...couldn't resist. [:p]

Don't feel bad Sus', I'd guess that most hunters aren't very efficient at field judging a buck's headgear. It takes a dandy eight pointer to post a good score. A 150-class 8-pt is an exceptional animal. There are probably only 8-10 in the world that make the B&C at 170 net. Those are true giants.